Which hardtop?

RHP61

who knows what kind of hard top it is?

20200330_174051[1].jpg

I bought the TJ in such a way that the hardtop was screwed onto the windshield, which of course I want to avoid on the new window frame

Post a picture of the entire top and we would probably get a better idea.

OE (97-06) used two clamps on the front to connect to the windsheld frame.

Reactions: Reign Mack
Would be best to post a full picture of the top itself as they are far more identifiable from the overall shape and the windows than some holes at the front.

I bought the TJ like this and saw other hardtops with clips on the windshield frame.
can i retrofit the brackets or do i have to use screws again?

thank you in advance

20200401_095417.jpg
20200401_101227.jpg

retrofitting brackets will be dictated by the top. is there anything in it to anchor to? the material of the top itself does not lend well to holding screws securely, and they are reinforced internally where the latches attach.

i had to replace mine. the only place i could find latches close to what i had was gr8tops. the guy at gr8tops informed me that there is a small metal plate in the tops structure at the latch locations and they can not be deviated to far from or you'll miss um. since you have no latches you may not have provisions in the structure to accommodate mounting them securely, IDK.

Lange offers a kit to retrofit latches to your YJ hardtop: https://www.quadratec.com/products/13022_00.htm. I haven't used it but it may work to secure a YJ hardtop to a TJ.

I don't know if you've had the Jeep long enough to know if the top leaks, but since the YJ top doesn't mate well with the top of the TJ windshield, many people experience high wind noise or leaks at that joint, and/or water leaks at the top front of the doors. Your photo shows how the top doesn't fit correctly:

YJTopOnTJ3_zpsc2eebvi7.jpg

A web search will turn up information showing how to modify the YJ hardtop so it fits the TJ windshield better.

I had a CJ-8 that fastened like that.

I thought about doing the latch kit, but only had to mess with the screws twice a year. On for winter, off for summer.

Lange offers a kit to retrofit latches to your YJ hardtop: https://www.quadratec.com/products/13022_00.htm. I haven't used it but it may work to secure a YJ hardtop to a TJ.

I don't know if you've had the Jeep long enough to know if the top leaks, but since the YJ top doesn't mate well with the top of the TJ windshield, many people experience high wind noise or leaks at that joint, and/or water leaks at the top front of the doors. Your photo shows how the top doesn't fit correctly:

View attachment 149792

A web search will turn up information showing how to modify the YJ hardtop so it fits the TJ windshield better.

Thanks, the picture should only show the hardtop,
it is not screwed on since I have just replaced my windshield frame.
the top is apparently from the previous model YJ, I will first mount my soft top and consider what I do with the harstop,
used these hardtops are very expensive and rare in Germany