Which Jeep Wrangler TJ mods are a waste of money?

Johnny Carson was my hero... ;)
Now there was your main problem right there :) >>> didn't took life seriously.
th?id=OIP.YkS7ZtpPcozMV6UelkMuiwAAAA&pid=15.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
Just curious if divorce is not allowed in our country.
We would have more money to spend for our TJs.
Yes but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to drive it as I'd be in the 'Crazy House' :crazylick:

Heat soak and longer life for plastic components.
Yep, two weeks ago it was 38* C on the trails and I had to keep the rpms up to prevent overheating with the ac on. If I shut the jeep down it would peg the temp gauge and stumble like crazy for a bit from the heat soak. Even when left alone for half an hour at lunch. I also found some split loom after that crumbled to the touch by the front of the fuel rail. Found more by the back of the oil pan on the drivers side that had actually melted away. Getting the hood louvers painted and installed just moved up the priority list, along with some heat rap for the wires.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Just curious if divorce is not allowed in our country.
We would have more money to spend for our TJs.
Absolutely. We would all have more money, and more responsibility, and more joy

Well, at least your 10,000 isn't becoming a 20,000 jeep. I'd much prefer the 750 starting price!
When you start at the bottom, there's no where else to go but up, right? :)

Don't worry Squatch, you're doing great! Plenty of us others have the 10k to 20k process covered :(

Have to disagree on that one. Mine saved me money on my car insurance and in the end paid for themselves. I use them for daytime running lights, and they are a hell of a lot brighter than stock.
Definitely disagree I believe mine look amazing. And way brighter than stock.

Reactions: WillM
To get back on track. Metal valve stems, I followed a guy who broke 3 out of 4 valve stems and slowed down the whole trail. I told him when you get back home switch them out to rubber. Also any Chrome JMHO

One could argue any mods to a TJR are a waste of money since bone stock it is incredibly capable. And bullet proof until you start mods which always create weaknesses in other stock parts, resulting in more mods..... Want to save $$$$ leave it stock. Maybe the best buys are angry eyes and a farmer jack mount.

I think this is the closest to the answer. People put all this crap on their jeeps and make them super heavy. Heavy equals way more stress on parts. Huge bumpers and such. All a waste of money. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't put my 2.5" lift on, I would have taken my Rubi back to stock. 33's are heavy and create a larger lever for more stress on things. Taking my spare off helped a lot though. A bone stock Rubi is where it is at in my world. I am not willing to spend the money to go back though. Mine was bought with a 5.5" lift, so at least I got rid of that garbage.

opposite end, best mods. I'm back to stock mechanically, zero lift and I went skinny old skool 7.50R16s. Saved $200.00, lost 40#, and they are the smoothest riding tires ever on my TJR. AND I've never had more compliments about tires. Guys stop, look, thumbs up, very cool. Now I just have to figure out how to do 2" flares.

DSC_0014.jpg