Which of these Falcon shocks would you buy?

Jack1947

Tj newbie
Supporting Member
Fellas which of these shocks would you buy? In the pics. The price is in Australian dollars.

Also I'm keen to hear your thoughts on what shocks to buy. I'll be running 3" teraflex lift kit.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210115-191334_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210115-191322_Chrome.jpg

OK so what shocks would you run? And how would you make money on the Jeep?

1AUS$ gets 77US cents

I use to run the rancho 9000 adjustable - on a three inch lift - but didn't like them one bit.
I like an OEM soft ride so I picked up a set of near new JK takeoffs and converted to JK shocks.
Cost me about 200 bucks all up.

Very happy

I really like my Fox 2.0 IFP shocks. They're a good all-around performer both on the street and the trail.

And how would you make money on the Jeep?

1AUS$ gets 77US cents
I was just saying I wouldn't spend that much money on Jeep shocks. I did on my Motocross bike when I raced because I got paid. I have yet to ride in anyone's Jeep that I would consider plush riding with any shock. I just buy Rancho RS5000X shocks because they work well enough and cost $200 for all four.

I was just saying I wouldn't spend that much money on Jeep shocks. I did on my Motocross bike when I raced because I got paid. I have yet to ride in anyone's Jeep that I would consider plush riding with any shock.
There's definitely some wisdom here. In my opinion, unless your Jeep is built to compete (i.e. racing with paid sponsorships), I have a hard time believing you're going to see any benefit or difference in performance with a $1600-$1,800 shock package.

That being said, I realize people spend money on all kinds of stuff and to each his own.

There was a vid on Utube that took 10ish identical equipped JKs and put a different lift kit on each one. They then tested each on the identical course of offroad, large rock, street. The Terraflex used their falcon 3 shocks (on lowest setting) and was decided to be the best all around kit tested. They said the shocks were a large part of the win. I have no personal experience with them. Find that test, I think 3 part series, and see if that helps you decide. I know Fox shocks (not sure which one) was in the test.
Hope this helps. 🐐

There was a vid on Utube that took 10ish identical equipped JKs and put a different lift kit on each one. They then tested each on the identical course of offroad, large rock, street. The Terraflex used their falcon 3 shocks (on lowest setting) and was decided to be the best all around kit tested. They said the shocks were a large part of the win. I have no personal experience with them. Find that test, I think 3 part series, and see if that helps you decide. I know Fox shocks (not sure which one) was in the test.
Hope this helps. 🐐

Not thinking of this one TrailRecon did with JL's by chance?

None

I would outboard the shock mounts and run Fox 2.0 smooth body shocks with a custom tune.

You're down under, so why not look at OME shocks? Their main warehouse is in Melbourne, so you wouldn't have to worry about import duties and taxes.
Nitrocharger Sport | ARB 4x4 Accessories
Probably because the old nice riding yellow shocks were replaced with the harsher black ones. Same goes with the Zone shocks. Their white hydro shocks rode great on the road. They discontinued them for the black stiff riding nitro ones. Go figure.