Which soft top is compatible with the Poison Spyder LJ Lazer-Fit Full Cage?

dlm1450

My check-engine light is on.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone running the Poison Spyder cage on their LJ? If so, which soft top are you using? Any modifications needed on the cage or top?

I would imagine that the Poison Spyder cage would be similar. I found this on their website:
Q: Can I run my hard top or soft top with this cage?
A: Yes! (In most cases). This cage is designed to fit under both the stock hard top and the stock soft top. While we have not test-fit it with other brands and models of tops, in general most aftermarket tops that are designed to fit over the stock roll bar, will likely fit with this cage. However, we can not guarantee fitment with tops we have not specifically verified yet. If you have successfully used this cage with an aftermarket brand top that is not listed here (or if you have found an incompatibility), please let us know so we can add it to the knowledge base.

Q: Will my stock door surrounds, sound bar, etc., work with this cage?
A: Yes, this cage is designed to allow re-installation of the stock door surrounds, sound bar, seat belts, and soft top bow brackets.

So I'd imagine you could use a factory top or Bestop factory-style top without much issue.

I would imagine that the Poison Spyder cage would be similar. I found this on their website:
Q: Can I run my hard top or soft top with this cage?
A: Yes! (In most cases). This cage is designed to fit under both the stock hard top and the stock soft top. While we have not test-fit it with other brands and models of tops, in general most aftermarket tops that are designed to fit over the stock roll bar, will likely fit with this cage. However, we can not guarantee fitment with tops we have not specifically verified yet. If you have successfully used this cage with an aftermarket brand top that is not listed here (or if you have found an incompatibility), please let us know so we can add it to the knowledge base.

Q: Will my stock door surrounds, sound bar, etc., work with this cage?
A: Yes, this cage is designed to allow re-installation of the stock door surrounds, sound bar, seat belts, and soft top bow brackets.

So I'd imagine you could use a factory top or Bestop factory-style top without much issue.
Thanks for the research. I called Bestop to order a replacement skin for factory soft-top hardware. But... those bastards don't make a "Replace-a-top" for the LJ anymore. Rugged Ridge seems to be the only company that makes replacement skins but I still need to find the OEM hardware.

Why not buy a top with hardware?
https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2005/wr...op-2/sub-model/unlimited/window-color/tinted/I have the TJ version, and except for a few minor details, it is the factory design.
Ideally, this is the one I'd buy. I asked Bestop but they couldn't guarantee the supertop hardware will work with the Poison Spyder cage. They think the frame that allows the top to flip back might hit the tubing on the Poison Spyder cage. I could try it but if it doesn't work they hit you with a 15% restocking fee (about $172) plus the cost of shipping. Ouch.

Thanks for the research. I called Bestop to order a replacement skin for factory soft-top hardware. But... those bastards don't make a "Replace-a-top" for the LJ anymore. Rugged Ridge seems to be the only company that makes replacement skins but I still need to find the OEM hardware.

That doesn't sound right. You can still get one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VL9WSE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Steel City 06
That. Is. Hilarious.

Bestop customer service is the "Best".

Could be old stock, but who knows.

That would be a huge disappointment to me: The Bestop RAT is what I bought a couple years ago. I did a lot of research and nothing really compares quality wise. At least most alternatives are less money, but not as rugged.