Which TJ is this?

Hibi

Hey guys
I could really use your help on this one.

I’m in the Middle East & been looking for a tj in good shape. I think I found one but not sure what type/year it is? Seller says it’s a 2006 Sahara, but 2006 only made 65th anniversary SE & Golden Eagle? & also not in this blue color? Am I wrong? Or Am I being duped?
Haven’t met up with seller yet so.. thought I’d check here first before wasting my time or ending up being scammed.

All help is appreciated

F2D46C73-AC64-495C-989A-ACB4C3DA65A5.jpeg

C110C2C3-45AC-4701-A52D-021051546F38.jpeg

040FA1D8-D0E1-4C29-B008-70376534025D.jpeg

Reactions: Blondie70
It very well could be a 2006, but without any badging it could be hard to tell.
- that paint job is not a factory job
- that rear bumper is not factory
- seat covers
- wheels are aftermarket
the interior colored center + gauge bezel make me think it was originally that color, so it most likely was a trim level above sport. Those are just the points that stand out to me in these pictures. Others here know more than me and might chime in.

Actually, the more I think about it, the lights are obviously different because of EU regulations, which means the license plate wouldn't be illuminated from the tail lights possibly, as well as the plates being longer and not fitting. So i suppose that bumper could be a factory bumper outside of the US.

What's the VIN number? With the VIN number you can run it through the FCA VIN check and get the build sheet online, which will tell you exactly what it is.

Reactions: Apparition
I think it could very well be a Sahara model for international markets. Here on Dubizzle, there are similar "Sahara Edition" Wranglers being sold that have the same interior design. This one just happens to have a non-OEM paint job.

Another example for a Japanese market Sahara can be seen below https://www.beforward.jp/jeep/wrangler/bg807465/id/1656648/

For people in the US, upon first look, no one would think it was a Sahara. However, the VIN check does show it as a Wrangler Sahara for Japan https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1J4F459S55P339071

Check the VIN to make sure

Hey! Thanks so much for all your replies.

I asked around; they do use VINs here. Owner didn’t share it with me yet, insists it’s a 2006 Sahara (says it’s a special edition not many sold) should take it out for a test drive this week & will take it to a mechanic for a look before I make a decision.

Not too many TJ peeps where I’m at.. most wranglers are JLs & JKs here, so I’m a little nervous they won’t be able to tell if this is legit or not. Counting on that VIN number.

Wish me luck guys! I might be a TJ owner (for the second time hehe)

Against thanks so much will definitely post an update hopefully a good eventful one soon. Until then any tips on this are much appreciated!

Hibi x

Turns out this is a Red Bull car? I guess back in 05-06 Red Bull bought a bunch of TJs as part of their marketing thing & according to the owner they were “special editions” & only a few made in the Middle East. Mechanic says if that’s true it was probably dragged through the mud & has seen some serious damage (he hasn’t had the chance to look at it yet). Looks completely refabbed. Selling it for about $8k. I dunno. I wanted to take it home coz it was a tj :( but thought I’d wait till Tuesday for the check up.

Stranded aspiring tj owner lol

It also could have been pampered so the pretty bikini girls don't get dirty posing next to it. You should be able to get a pretty good idea how it was cared for once you get it on a lift. Good luck🤞

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
A Red Bull TJ? Never heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Either way, interesting story. It would be worth looking at in detail, as I have a hard time believing it would have been abused. Most Red Bull cars are just parked and women in bikinis stand next to them, LOL.

Hey guys
I could really use your help on this one.

I’m in the Middle East & been looking for a tj in good shape. I think I found one but not sure what type/year it is? Seller says it’s a 2006 Sahara, but 2006 only made 65th anniversary SE & Golden Eagle? & also not in this blue color? Am I wrong? Or Am I being duped?
Haven’t met up with seller yet so.. thought I’d check here first before wasting my time or ending up being scammed.

All help is appreciated

View attachment 141834

View attachment 141835

View attachment 141836
I believe that interior trim was in some of the Rocky Mountain edition and 65th anniversary edition TJs here is the states. They also had matching body/flare paint schemes. But the blue looks a little brighter than the patriot blue used by jeep. If it was a Red Bull promotion vehicle they may have painted it. Wether or not it was abused is speculation. Get it on a lift and have a good look at it with a knowledgeable mechanic. Then you’ll have the facts 👍🏼

Last edited:
It very well could be a 2006, but without any badging it could be hard to tell.
- that paint job is not a factory job
- that rear bumper is not factory
- seat covers
- wheels are aftermarket
the interior colored center + gauge bezel make me think it was originally that color, so it most likely was a trim level above sport. Those are just the points that stand out to me in these pictures. Others here know more than me and might chime in.
that is a factory rear bumper, just not the one you guys got in the US. All australian TJ's came with that bar.

I believe that interior trim was in some of the Rocky Mountain edition and 65th anniversary edition TJs here is the states. They also had matching body/flare paint schemes.

That interior trim and the painted fender flares were both options available in later TJs and not just limited to the special edition ones.

Which part of KSA are you in? I’m in the Dammam/Khobar area and have a 97 Sahara. There are several other guys around that have TJs as well. Welcome to the group.