Which winch is preferred?

Damn, I didn't know a winch could be so cool. MB Corse is some nice jewelry.

MB Corse 8274 POWER:

1609789503596.png

• Love
Reactions: DETOUR
The euro rally type offroaders giggle at our use of the Warn stuff. But, they are more about winch competitions than we are.

Are their winches so good because their rigs suck and get stuck a lot or their rigs are so good it takes a hell of a winch when they do get stuck?

Last edited:
Are their winches so good because their rigs suck and get stuck a lot or their rigs are so good it takes a hell of a winch when they do get stuck?
A lot restrictions on street legal vehicles and a lot of mud. Many of the competitions are geared toward winching being part of the course especially where they use punch cards. The punch is usually positioned where precise driving and winching is required to get the driver close enough to reach it from the drivers seat. Other times the course is for fast time and slow winches equal slow times.

If you want to see how serious they are would you modify you chassis around your winch? That is what you do if you run the Foers Winch System. https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/foers-vector-winch.215589/ Started with a mid mounted rear facing 8274 and a series of blocks and pulleys that redirect the line to the front. So with one winch you could front winch, rear winch or tether both ends to act like a zip line of sorts.

I ran an XRC 8 on a beast of an XJ for years and never had a lick of trouble out if it. It even pulled me out of mud that was oozing up through my floor drains. I have no problem with them at all.

20130421_144516.jpeg