Which winch should I keep: Warn 9.5ti or Warn XD9000i?

posulli

I have both a Warn XD9000i with steel cable from my old Jeep and a Warn 9.5ti with synthetic rope from my new LJ. Going to sell one of them. Which is the better winch? I know the XD9000i is the older generation. Thanks for your thoughts

Checkout this thread on another forum: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/warn-9-5xp-vs-xd9000i-vs-9-5ti-vs-9-0rc-453468/

(not sure that's ok to post?)

I have the 9.5xp and I've run with a number of guys who have the 9.5ti and xd9000's.

The xd9000 is a last generation winch from Warn. Still good, still strong, still pulls hard but last generation.

The 9.5xp and 9.5ti are the latest generation winch, among the improvements, the biggies are: stronger next-generation 6hp motor, better sealing all over, and a better chip-resistant finish.

That being said, the 9.5xp I believe has a longer or constant duty cycle and remot-mountable control pack where as the 9.5ti is significantly faster (on no-load line speed: 62 fpm vs 38 fpm of the xp) and it has a winch temp feedback indicator to let you know if the winch is getting warm. Plus the control pack is in a sealed integrated housing.

As for restricting airflow. . . I haven't heard of this being a problem for the Jeeps. No one I know has complained about it on the highway and on the trail the Jeeps are going so slow that it doesn't matter.

Were I doing things again I'd probably go with the 9.5ti.

So sounds like the 9.5ti is a more recent/improved design over the XD9K

The xd9i is far easier to work on vs the 9.5ti. The 9.5ti has slightly better water resistance.

Reactions: Irun
The 9000i has a few different configurations, one version has a aluminum heatsink on the motoir, the other has a longer clutch lever, which helps when in a hurry. I have had good luck with mine. I have had two so far. I also had a 12k Ramsey that was an animal, way before synthetic was cool.

Reactions: Irun