Which York compressor should I buy?

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Anyone know where/which York OBA compressor to buy? I plan on doing one soon, I was thinking this one

If you choose to buy used/JY you might have to search a little and you most likely won't find one with a grooved pulley unless you got to a semi JY. But you can find them on Ebay with the grooved pulley if you look a little.

What brackets are you going to use?

C U Off Road - Jeep Bracket Kits

OBA-2000 2000-2006 TJ WRANGLER 4.0L with AC $260

This kit will mount the York compressor in place of the alternator. The alternator will be relocated under the compressor.
This kit uses our EF210R (not Included) and 25-513352 serpentine clutch (not included) and a longer serpentine belt which is inlcuded.
The stock belt tensioner has been replaced with a manual belt tensioner system. No squeaky belts!
The stock air box can be used, but it is a tight fit.
This kits fits the 4.0L engines only. Will not work on the 2.5L engines.

10 lbs 12 x 9 x 5

OBA-2100
OBA-2100 2000-2006 TJ WRANGLER 4.0L without AC $260

This kit will mount the York compressor in place of the alternator. The alternator will be relocated under the compressor.
This kit uses our EF210R (not Included) and 25-513352 serpentine clutch (not included) and a longer serpentine belt which is inlcuded.
The stock belt tensioner has been replaced with a manual belt tensioner system. No squeaky belts!
The stock air box can be used, but it is a tight fit.
This kits fits the 4.0L engines only. Will not work on the 2.5L engines.

This ORO compressor is suppose to be redesigned and not need any modifications like a regular A/C compressor. It's also a few other redesigns. But it is expensive which makes a lot of people choose to not to go with it.

As JJVW said a JY York is about $50.

If there are swap meets near you they are a good source to find them also. I bought 2 that I have at one for less than the JY price.

I saw this bracket kit in JJVWs write up, I think ill go with that. This one is a 210 model correct?

I saw this bracket kit in JJVWs write up, I think ill go with that. This one is a 210 model correct?

Yes by the part number it's a 210 model. You did see the brackets from CU Off-Road are about $30 cheaper. I can't speak to their quality where with the ORO kit I can say they offer a quality item so it might be worth the extra money.

Reactions: D M
Yes by the part number it's a 210 model. You did see the brackets from CU Off-Road are about $30 cheaper. I can't speak to their quality where with the ORO kit I can say they offer a quality item so it might be worth the extra money.
and do you know if that York has the grooved pulley? I assume it does by the 6 grooves in the name but I want to make sure

and do you know if that York has the grooved pulley? I assume it does by the 6 grooves in the name but I want to make sure

It looks like it and their description says it does.

* High Quality York Style AC Compressor
* 6 Groove Clutch
* 12 Voltage
* 52mm Guage Line
* Piston Compresor Type

But it also says it's a YORK style so I wonder if that means it isn't made by York? I don't know if that is a bad thing I'd just noticed that. Have you read up on the modifications you need to do to it?

Reactions: D M
It looks like it and their description says it does.

But it also says it's a YORK style so I wonder if that means it isn't made by York? I don't know if that is a bad thing I'd just noticed that. Have you read up on the modifications you need to do to it?
I am somewhat aware, I plan on doing a durango alternator... school me on the basics?