White letters in or out on tires? Question about looks

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey guys!

Just a silly questions about looks! I have a total black TJ. I am about to run Pro Comp 7069 Black rims with 31” BF Goodrich KO2s.

I am currently running the khaki soft top, but I also have a black hard top. Depends on my mood, which one is on. (Photos)

The most important question of my build is… White letters in or out? Hahaha.

Tell me your opinions. The only reason I’m thinking out is because of too much black. What do you think?

61+J10bIY6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
IMG_5518.jpg
JPFriends - Όρος Πατέρα #1.jpg

I had the white letters put in on mine because I prefer the black sidewall. However, it bugs me a bit that the white lettering on the inside of the tire is visible underneath anyway. I may need to get some sort of black pen to color the letters.

• Haha
Reactions: Tree killer and JMT
My black LJ has the black walls out since the silver wheels offset it a little bit. If I had black wheels, I would go with the white lettering out, especially since you are running BFG's. Now if you had some no-name Chinese brand tire, I'd probably keep that white lettering to myself... If you really hate the way it looks, the tire shop can always swap it the other way.

White letters out where they are supposed to go. if you dont like white lettering just get tires without white lettering they are cheaper lol

Reactions: glowell222