White TJ Stolen Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s very true, bad people doing bad things are everywhere.

It’s the get-out-of-jail-free card that California lets criminals have that rubs me the wrong way! Poor babies had such a “tough life growing up” , wouldn’t wanna stunt their emotional growth by putting them in a nasty place like jail for something as trivial as burglary or car theft!
Remember: Prop 47 (IIRC) was voted in!

Per the noon news today, there have been 427 cars stolen in Columbus so far this year. It's everywhere. Almost 20 cars per day. Scum bags!!!!

Glad your BIL's rig was found.

CO reached #1!
https://www.newsweek.com/new-data-r...eft-when-drivers-are-most-susceptible-1662673
Glad your BIL got his recovered.

It has been bad here lately. A lot of the things I read point to Hyundai's being stolen along with the 99-07 Super Duties. I ran to Home depot the other night and saw this one. A jeep patriot with plates to a kia. All the passenger side windows were busted out.

FB_IMG_1643136320605.jpg

California is pretty bad in terms of thievery. My wife and I recently went to CA to visit our daughter in Berkeley. When we arrived, she warned us to remove basically everything visible in the car. Thieves break a window if anything of the slightest value is visible. I usually do this anyway but in at least some places in CA it is imperative!

We also went to the very popular parking area near the Golden Gate bridge and there were signs warning about rampant "smash and grab" occurrences there. And to prove the point, at least a third of the parking spaces had a fairly fresh pile of broken glass next to them! Not kidding!
Yup they’re practically stealing anything and everything. SF is bad LA just as bad someone managed to get into several cargo contains full of Amazon packages off a train here at Union Station. Literally thousands of packages on the train tracks.
We had several store robberies where a group of people would go into a store Gucci/Louie V etc all the top name brand stores and just rob mostly everything. There was a group about 30 people who went into a Nordstrom and just started robbing everything. They parked about 10-15 cars right outside Nordstrom only a couple were caught.
We have had several people who have been followed home after going shopping and armed robbers robbing them at their homes.
Apple air tags on people’s cars.
A whole lot of shit I can tell you that.

With the super bowl coming to Los Angeles I suspect a lot of people will get robbed. Inglewood is not really a good place. People coming for the super bowl need to be careful. Los Angeles is pretty crazy at the moment.

Yup they’re practically stealing anything and everything. SF is bad LA just as bad someone managed to get into several cargo contains full of Amazon packages off a train here at Union Station. Literally thousands of packages on the train tracks.
We had several store robberies where a group of people would go into a store Gucci/Louie V etc all the top name brand stores and just rob mostly everything. There was a group about 30 people who went into a Nordstrom and just started robbing everything. They parked about 10-15 cars right outside Nordstrom only a couple were caught.
With the super bowl coming to Los Angeles I suspect a lot of people will get robbed. Inglewood is not really a good place. People coming for the super bowl need to be careful.
I believe I read that Union Pacific has about 90 containers a day broken into. They are even starting to block the tracks to slow or disable the train so they can break in.

Here in Spokane (and I'm sure everywhere) if someone walks out of the store with a cart full of goods the store can't do anything about it. They have to just let them walk. Once they breach the doors, they're in the clear. I was in Dick's Sporting Goods just before Christmas and they had a security guy just inside the doors. I asked him if he was there to stop the people who can just walk out with stuff. He said, "That's exactly why I'm here." Apparently it's rampant. Why pay when you can get it all for free and no consequences?!

Sad world when no one can do anything about it.

I guess the new NORM is just smile and wave as they carry your stuff away ! hey look their stealing my new car :) 👋

I'm still highly suspicious of the guy in this thread who registered here the day after the theft who claimed to know the thief and asked about a reward.
Perhaps you could call the SB police... "Hello, being the Moderator of a Jeep forum where information on a stolen vehicle was discovered, I just want to check in and see if... " :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
James has his full address on the forum 😂
Right?!?!? The guy literally put his face, full name, birthdate, phone number and address on his profile. All we need his mother's maiden name and his social security number and we can all go on a shopping spree!! (kidding)

33668.jpg

James McGaughey
***********., San Bernardino, CA 92404
(760)-6************

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.