White wheels: cool or lame?

White works with a lighter blue tone. It's a stark contrast with black, but I have a white jeep with a black top, so same thing in reverse.

Reactions: 01CuHed
White wheels are classic. I'd put be more inclined to say black wheels are lame, passe and overdone.

Skinny 33s on a Rubi painted white, maybe the oldest most common Wrangler rim out there, the dimpled 5 spoke steely, 15x7. These rims are 33 years old.

Altho in white I'm more of a fan of the smooth old school steelies.

IMG_2221.jpeg

DSC_00143093.jpeg

Last edited:
There is one big drawback for me to paint my hardtop white while still being in Texas. The color fire amber looks burnt orange and being coupled with a white hardtop (University of Texas Longhorn colors) would put me in the crosshairs of Texas A&M Aggies of which there are MANY here. HaHa!

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
There is one big drawback for me to paint my hardtop white while still being in Texas. The color fire amber looks burnt orange and being coupled with a white hardtop (University of Texas Longhorn colors) would put me in the crosshairs of Texas A&M Aggies of which there are MANY here. HaHa!
We are everywhere!

Anyone remember the CJ wheels that had a removable chrome beauty ring. Quadratec used to sell one in black, but I don't see it anymore. Anyway, I thought about getting those, paint the wheels to match (orange for me), and you could take the ring off for the trail.

wheel2.jpg

Reactions: Tray Burge
Yea, yea, yea - they hang if they're allowed to! That's why skirts make sense for guys!

Wait - how did we get on this subject? o_O
I'd wear a kilt.

Reactions: Zorba
I'll tell ya what - once you wear a skirt of any kind, you'll come to dislike trousers.
Ha, there is a guy that is big in the Cincinnati wheeling community who only drives his Jeep with a kilt on, never seen the guy in pants

No white wheels past a CJ.

They mostly don't work on YJ/TJ. But I did see a white TJ with white wheels on Google when I was doing my recent steel wheel search and liked the look. Perhaps if you get the right older style muted paint colors it may work ok esp if kept close to stock. The key I think is to not make the paint too glossy on both the vehicle and the wheel.

WD18_Sized.jpg
WD14_Sized.jpg
WD12_Sized.jpg
WD11_Sized.jpg

They mostly don't work on YJ/TJ. But I did see a white TJ with white wheels on Google when I was doing my recent steel wheel search and liked the look. Perhaps if you get the right older style muted paint colors it may work ok esp if kept close to stock. The key I think is to not make the paint too glossy on both the vehicle and the wheel.

View attachment 215904View attachment 215905View attachment 215906View attachment 215907
Think I’ll only like them on white jeeps like yourself, not bad!