Who can build the ugliest JK: a contest between Fab Four and Starwoord Motors

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Reactions: MikeM and jeep_boss
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I can't imagine who that would even appeal to. Sheesh!

A LOT of people really dig this style, whatever you can call it. I browse around on the internet for fun, and there are just a ton of JKs that are done up like this. It's really mind blowing.

It's funny though, they're almost always JKUs, not JKs. It's something about the extra doors that gives it that "pimp wagon" feel.

Reactions: jeep_boss
A LOT of people really dig this style, whatever you can call it. I browse around on the internet for fun, and there are just a ton of JKs that are done up like this. It's really mind blowing.

It's funny though, they're almost always JKUs, not JKs. It's something about the extra doors that gives it that "pimp wagon" feel.
My theory these days for immediate success in product development: build the DUMBEST thing that you can possibly imagine. You'll be an instant 8-9 figure millionaire if you do it in volume!

My theory these days for immediate success in product development: build the DUMBEST thing that you can possibly imagine. You'll be an instant 8-9 figure millionaire if you do it in volume!

And the evidence to support your theory is the majority of television shows and movies. It’s mind blowing to see that some of these stupid, stupid shows are so popular they continue to get renewed season after season. It just goes to show that we truly are surrounded by idiots.

And the evidence to support your theory is the majority of television shows and movies. It’s mind blowing to see that some of these stupid, stupid shows are so popular they continue to get renewed season after season. It just goes to show that we truly are surrounded by idiots.
Oh I totally agree! Having lived abroad, it isn't hard at all to understand why the rest of the world despises us. We are a culture of extremely superficial, spoiled, and clueless people. Keeping us uninformed and fat is good for the global economies though.

Reactions: DA RUNT and Chris
Since I own and run a JKU I saw this on FB like the color if it was on a 55 Chevy or the likes, but what a waste of money and time. It can not even handle a speed bump with out the need to be winched!

candy-apple.jpg

Since I own and run a JKU I saw this on FB like the color if it was on a 55 Chevy or the likes, but what a waste of money and time. It can not even handle a speed bump with out need to be winched!

View attachment 36846

Totally defeats the purpose of it being a Jeep, huh? I hate when people do that to Jeeps or classic trucks.

Reactions: MikeM
Totally defeats the purpose of it being a Jeep, huh? I hate when people do that to Jeeps or classic trucks.
hahah did you notice the rear window sticker...'Perfected not purchased !!'....perfect Candy apple paint job maybe, but not on a truck or Jeep

In a fictitious contest between Fab Fours and Starwood Motors, I wonder who could build the ugliest JK ever?

I'll start this thread with a recent creation (monstrosity) from Starwood Motors:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=173232794575

Its like they are trying to take the styling of a M-RAP and removing every practical feature, like doors and wheels/tires. Useless waste of energy. I just don't get the attraction. They clearly have mechanical ability, why not use it for good and make something truly awesome.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Its like they are trying to take the styling of a M-RAP and removing every practical feature, like doors and wheels/tires. Useless waste of energy. I just don't get the attraction. They clearly have mechanical ability, why not use it for good and make something truly awesome.

That's how I feel as well. The funny thing is, they sell things things at upwards of 70k pretty easily, so it just goes to show that some people have more money than brains I guess.

"Good" taste is a relative thing, but when I see things like this, it just seems so far beyond bad taste that I can't even comprehend it.

I love these builds. Eventually they will get sick of it and realize it's not worth the money. Then they end up in the used market for way less than their parts are worth. They tend to have lots of great parts that can be put into a real build ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

WTF- I guess some people are just wired differently (or mis-wired, as the case may be). I can see buying a Ferrari for the performance and the collectability. I can even see buying a Jeep for that amount if the performance increase was relative to the price. The issue is that the extra performance these have can be had at a fraction of the price and there is zero collection marketplace. Talk about throwing away your money.