Who cleans / details their Jeep?

I don't necessarily care if my TJ is dirty, but I do keep up on the waxing so I can protect the paint from the Arizona sun. I clay it once a year and then twice a year I throw on a couple coats of Wolfgang Paint Sealant. I used to do a coat of Carnauba wax here and there to give the paint a good shine but then I remembered I have a Jeep and it's supposed to have a bit of trail dust on it and look dirty.

The new JT, yes, but then it's still only 5 months old. The TJ, gets the dust sprayed off of it when I was the others, once a month gets soapy wash, once a yearish it may get vacuumed out. I do hit it every 6 months with some Griots spray wax. Really it doesn't get too much use, I'd say less than 100 miles a month

This was the day after the last wheeling trip, the rest of the Jeep is equally clean
BD40453B-D233-408F-BCC9-9540C0A71ED0.jpeg

I wash and vacuum/detail the interior of mine every weekend. I also use detailing spray and a microfiber cloth to spot clean through the week. I clay bar and wax it 3 times a year. Ive done this with every vehicle I've owned. Im OCD and a firm believer in keeping a clean, well maintained vehicle.

Reactions: Sam Solo and JMT
My TJ stays pretty clean and shiny inside and out. Even under it looks good. When I bought it someone had really taken care of if so I try to keep it that way. I’ve had my CJ7 for 20 years and it is in almost the same condition as when I bought it. I’d like to have both of them 20 years from now so I do what I can to maintain them inside and out.

I gave my TJ a good interior wash last weekend when I flooded the inside during a river crossing.
All I had to do was lift the carpets and pull the drain bungs and presto dust all gone. Did take me a couple of days driving with the heater and aircon on to dry her out though.

IMO I think Jeeps look best either really muddy or really clean. I always like to have my interior clean (the previous owner did not share this sentiment) and when it does get muddy I usually wash it off before too long so it won't get too dried on. Like others have said- detailing is up in the air for interpretation haha

Reactions: TJ Starting
I have a huge box of stuff to detail the engine bay when I'm finished with some electrical work that I've been putting off. The supplies have been sitting in my garage for a year. I had a valve cover leak a while back. It's been fixed but I've yet to clean up the mess on the firewall side. Same stuff to do the underbody cleaning before a RP-342 application that I don't need since I'm not in the rust belt.

I also plan to change the carpet out one day. Right after I apply the heat shielding and sound proofing (no such thing). Though I haven't found a really nice carpet kit yet. I also plant to pull the vents and tubing for a wash. Lots of desert dirt clinging to those parts.

Long list of detailing that I've yet to get to.

As for the rest, I wash it once every six weeks or so. I left a bird poop on my hood too long once and it ate through the paint. That's why I make sure it won't happen again. I left a really muddy mess for a few months once after some bogging and I could see that it would cause some damage had I left it any longer.

Mine gets washed outside and underneath after each wheeling trip. I also inspected it for damage after each trip to stay on top of maintenance issues. The interior stays dusty most of the summer as I wheel at least one day a week and a lot of times two days in a week. But I’ll wipe it down every few weeks anyway. Then I usually give it a good scrub and detail just befor winter and then again in the spring. It’s easier and much nicer to work on a clean vehicle that isn’t caked in dirt or oil.

Keeping my Jeep clean is part of routine maintenance. Doesn't do the paint any good to have mud, dirt and road cooties caked on it all the time. I'll let it go a few days because it looks good, then it gets the hose. Then it looks good again.

Reactions: Zorba and Elyse8743
Mine gets washed at least once a week in the Summer and more often during Winter months if there’s road grime on it. Also gets a thorough cleaning and inspection after every wheeling trip.
I can’t stand and will not drive a dirty vehicle.

I understand things don't have to be pristine. But people that take care of there possessions concern me in a lot of cases.

Don't get me wrong, I understand a beater, a fishing car, a work truck....But the more I like one, the better I care for it, and usually the better I care for it, the more I like it usually.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I spray off the outside and the undercarriage at the car wash after wheeling. Blow the interior out with compressed air.

Thrice a year I'll do a more thorough wipedown of the interior, clean all the glass, a real exterior wash with a sponge in my driveway and scrub the soft top. This generally coincides with switching between soft top and half doors to hard top and full doors, and preparing for the family wheeling trip to SW Colorado.