Who cleans / details their Jeep?

I forgot to mention that the first time I detailed mine with compound, polish, and wax, the products dried white in the crows feet cracks. You couldn't really see the small cracks before, but on the black paint, they now stand out with the white :(

I'm thinking about repainting the Jeep. Black was on the bottom of my list of colors I wanted for my LJ last year when I was in the market, but I've grown to like it. Stuck between keeping it black or changing colors.

Reactions: 05MDLJ
I forgot to mention that the first time I detailed mine with compound, polish, and wax, the products dried white in the crows feet cracks. You couldn't really see the small cracks before, but on the black paint, they now stand out with the white :(.

My hood is covered with crows feet as well. I’m not going to repaint, I’ll just deal with it.

Mine isn’t a daily so I don’t have it out a lot, but I usually wash/clean it inside and out before I put it away. Maybe once every two-three weeks or so. I’m more anal about the engine bay, that gets washed down each time the Jeep gets it. I like being able to work on things without junk getting all over my hands.
3058C9AC-3360-4147-82C4-B06F4645F6A1.jpeg
FDBA1FD6-49FF-40E1-A919-78D6442B8CAA.jpeg

I hate getting into a dirty vehicle. I keep mine decently clean ost of the time. That is not too difficult since it is garaged.

After I take it out wheeling, I give it a wipe down of the interior, put the top on and take it down to the car wash. When it rolls off the line, I walk over to the guy doing the windows and interior, slip him a nice tip and ask him to take his time.

I clean mine pretty regularly.. it’s kinda like therapy.. and also I can investigate the vehicle for things that may need addressing, chips in paint, cracked plastic or whatever.. plus they look good cleaned up!!

I'm thinking about repainting the Jeep. Black was on the bottom of my list of colors I wanted for my LJ last year when I was in the market, but I've grown to like it. Stuck between keeping it black or changing colors.
My paint guy told me that black is the least expensive color to paint. Red shows everything too. I use red wax on mine. The PO let bug guts dry on the paint and they permanently damaged the paint. I got a quote of $600 to repaint the bad areas. Fenders, grille, hood, hood cowl and windshield frame. I thought about it, but the first time I leave the pavement or get too close to an 18 wheeler on the highway, the paint will get screwed up again. Not to mention my tires throw crap up too. It looks fine from 20' away. :)

Rubi paint.jpg
Rubi TS3.jpg

Usually clean it after wheeling trips. I Pressure wash all crevices and Just this past Saturday I washed with soap and mitt, something I haven’t done in a awhile. My paint is crap to cheap to do it.

I keep mine very clean, inside, outside and underneath. I even wax it. Yes, I get it dirty occasionally, but it gets thoroughly washed immediately. I like my equipment sanitary.

Reactions: Tranz Zam
I spend a lot more time cleaning/"detailing" my truck with it being ceramic coated and newer. I wish the previous owner of my LJ had spent just a little time throwing a coat of wax on it though. Paint on the hood is totally shot and local shops want more then I'm willing to spend for a respray. I know they're Jeeps and supposed to be dirty, but highly recommend throwing a spray sealant or ceramic coating on them when the protections gone.

101307636_773879293016339_4420114680136073216_n (1).jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
If you guys saw my Jeep you would laugh, it is beyond dirty. I'm not even sure if filthy is an adequate description. I'm thinking of taking it to the carwash this week just so it won't be so disgusting for an upcoming wheeling trip which is 5-6 hours away (Arizona). That'd be a long drive in anything that dirty inside and out lol. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

If any of you have a carpet shampooer with a hose attachment, that is a very effective way of cleaning the seats and interior carpet.

I shampooed my seats for the first time recently. I did not realize just how nasty my seats were. It's amazing how much color is brought back even on black seats after a good cleaning. They also smell far better.

If any of you have a carpet shampooer with a hose attachment, that is a very effective way of cleaning the seats and interior carpet.

I shampooed my seats for the first time recently. I did not realize just how nasty my seats were. It's amazing how much color is brought back even on black seats after a good cleaning. They also smell far better.

I use a hose and shop vac to clean the interior. My drain plugs are lost... In S. FL I drive it without the doors and top sides as often as I can, that means sometimes I'm getting soaked.

Does anyone make a wiper kit for the inside of the windshield? LOL... Always having to clear the inside to see, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with the wipers...

I use a hose and shop vac to clean the interior. My drain plugs are lost... In S. FL I drive it without the doors and top sides as often as I can, that means sometimes I'm getting soaked.

Does anyone make a wiper kit for the inside of the windshield? LOL... Always having to clear the inside to see, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with the wipers...
You can apply Rain-X to the inside of the glass. That way all the water just rolls off, no wipers needed. Rain-X even makes an anti-fog coating for the interior windows

I do. Complete paint correction. Very worth it but time consuming, keeps the paint mint.

This is from earlier today, not a Jeep (you can see the LJ in the background) but 2008 X3 with 167k on the clock. Daily driver and winter warrior on the East Coast. Nice and salty roads here in the winter!

This thing left me stranded a couple of times and every time when help stopped or the tow guy arrived comments such as “that’s what warranty is for” or “new cars break down easy now” was said.

This below has a hybrid ceramic coating applied to it first time I’ve tried that so curious to see how it holds. I usually clay, compound, polish and wax in the spring. In the fall it’s usually just a polish and wax. Regular washes in between.

9600FA0A-4F77-47E0-A07E-F245813A736C.jpeg