Who cleans / details their Jeep?

lulzpwndyah

TJ Enthusiast
I was just wondering who cleans their jeeps making them look nice and shiny?
I've had my Jeep for almost 9 months and I've washed it twice. The first week I bought it and a few days ago, Got me thinking because I did a quick spray down and wipe but it my paint looked ugly from antifreeze spill so i was thinking of going to the local detailing garage to buy some things.

Mine gets cleaned after each off-road event, ends up being about once a month. 75% of my time / effort is spent with a power washer and soapy sponge underneath the vehicle. It gives me a chance to "discover" any new repairs I need to address. It's kinda like Christmas morning - but not in a good way.

I don't get super crazy, but I do like a clean, shiny Jeep on occasion. I drive mine daily, so I'll try to wash it once every couple weeks. I usually get more involved about this time of year as the weather changes and I get ready to put the hardtop on for winter. A good wash, clay bar, then take my Griots Garage DA with a course Lake Country foam pad and their fast correcting cream to the major scratches and pinstripes. Follow up with a spray on sealer, (trying F11 Top Coat this go around). Interior will get a good wipe down and vac. Just stay away from the tire shine, lol!

Mine is normally clean. Did a paint correction and ceramic coat in the spring. I can't stand to pin stripe vehicles in the woods any more.

Yeah, "detailing" is one of those things in life that open to interpretation. Ya know, kinda like gravity? :)

Reactions: Tob
Interior is a losing battle. A paint brush and blower followed by a damp cloth. I keep it mostly clean, but detailing is a pain if you are only going to get it dirty again.

Mine lives outside and is the DD, so I try and keep her relatively clean. Toying with the idea of a ceramic coat. RN she's just got some fancy wax on. she's also a test mule for products I might wish to use on the show car. though I would say detailing is a little to strong of a word for the washes I do.

Reactions: 05MDLJ
I keep mine washed up. I like to keep my vehicles clean and stay on top of any repairs that might be needed. Cleaning it helps you find issues. I also like to get it dirty, so I always clean it up afterwards. The interior can be a bear during the summer months with the top down, but it's worth it, and I enjoy cleaning it up and bringing it back to new shiny.

yeah true that detailing is subjective. I was just wondering

i'm probably going to wash and clay and thats it i daily it and the paint isn't the nicest but maybe i can make it look better lol

Whenever I get it dirty, pretty much. interior I'm not super anal about, but exterior/underneath, I like to keep clean. especially helpful to make sure I didn't break anything when I took it out. usually just take it down to the car wash bay and powerwash the shit out of it.

Once this season's done, so in the next month or two, I'll probably wash/clay/wax for the winter and clean the interior pretty well. Definitely not *detailing*, but keeping it clean enough haha.

Last edited:
I was just wondering who cleans their jeeps making them look nice and shiny?
Not me.:)

Rubi TS2.jpg

Covid 4x4 (2).jpg

Last edited: