Who doesn't use their back seat?

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Just wondering how many of you have ditched the rear seat in your TJ and why...I can't remember using mine as a seat for the last three years. Unless you count my two mutts sitting back there, which they rarely do...

Reactions: FTI76
Most of the time, I don’t use it.

Last year in Oct I used it for a week when we met our youngest son and his family at the beach, so our granddaughter could ride in it. One or two other times I’ve put it back in specifically for someone to have a place to sit.

Reactions: glwood and Mrgreg66
Removed the back seat from my son's jeep and set up a shelving system.
mine still has the back seat but it has never been used...

Reactions: glwood
Just wondering how many of you have ditched the rear seat in your TJ and why...I can't remember using mine as a seat for the last three years. Unless you count my two mutts sitting back there, which they rarely do...

I took out it after two weeks after I got my TJR and it's sat out ever since. I need the space for hiking/camping gear and my friend's dog who loves it. I have a custom rear cargo solution that I've sketched up after a lot of iterations and I hope to get it made (friend has a woodshop) and installed this year.

Reactions: glwood and Mrgreg66
mine lives in the garage except once in a while when I know I am going to drive more than one person somewhere. I prefer to have the space. I got rid of my Tahoe and bought the TJ because I don't need to drive lots of people around anymore with no kids living at home. I probably won't sell it because I have plenty of space to keep it.

One of the first things I took out of my Jeep when I first got it. Put in and bolted down a large metal box that I can put all my stuff in and lock it. Made a rack and bolted it down on the lid so I could strap more things to the top of the box. Works great.

When I bought my Sport new back in 2001 the backseat, anchoring brackets and seatbelts were removed to make more room for prospecting gear. Thought about selling it recently but it doesn't take up much room at all in the closet. If anyone needs a MINT condition dark agate backseat for a 2001 Sport I know where one is. Ha!

Mine has always lived in the garage. I like the extra storage, and use a tonneau cover in the summer. I rarely use the rear seat. Once a year if that.

I still have mine but after the dog decided that the rear seatbelts looked like good chew toys it's been collecting dust in the garage.

I took it out after hauling a set of tires. Enjoyed the extra space and the seat found its way to storage/garage for the next 3 years. Finally sold it last year.