Who has a B&M shifter in their NSG370 6 speed?

I just put one in my 05 today. I was also having trouble between 1-2 and 2-3. Was like it had to push through something and it would click hard getting into gear. It would go away somewhat shifting extremely slow. But was still an issue.
Now after replacing the shifter it does not do that anymore. The shifts are very short. B&M claims 35% reduction but it feels like 50%. Overall I like it. A bit pricey but worth it to me.

I just put one in my 05 today. I was also having trouble between 1-2 and 2-3. Was like it had to push through something and it would click hard getting into gear. It would go away somewhat shifting extremely slow. But was still an issue.
Now after replacing the shifter it does not do that anymore. The shifts are very short. B&M claims 35% reduction but it feels like 50%. Overall I like it. A bit pricey but worth it to me.
Same experience I had. I never had an issue going from 2-3, but 1-2 usually felt like there was a notch in the way. Ever since I installed the B&M shifter, that problem has gone away

Same experience I had. I never had an issue going from 2-3, but 1-2 usually felt like there was a notch in the way. Ever since I installed the B&M shifter, that problem has gone away
I was skeptical that it would make a difference but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Yep the factory shift handle works fine. Mounts good and I have no interior interference issues with mine (no body lift or tummy tuck).

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
This is an interesting conversation because last week I test drove a Rubi with the NSG and it shifted unbelievably smooth. The shifter just sank into each gear. Much smoother than either of the NV3550s I’ve owned.

I believe I paid less than $250 for the one I installed in my 2002 about 6 or 7 years ago. Incredible how they have more than doubled in price since that time.

Reactions: Tob
I believe I paid less than $250 for the one I installed in my 2002 about 6 or 7 years ago. Incredible how they have more than doubled in price since that time.

Your model year is half the price of the 2005-06 which has the NSG-370 tranny. I cannot think of a more expensive short shifter for any typical car (not ferrari or a custom modded vehicle - a muscle car or speedy jap or German car).

I just installed a B&M shifter after the seal around my OEM shifter started leaking. I wouldn't do that mod again. I was hoping that despite it stating that it doesn't work with a body lift, that I could get it to work. I couldn't. Even after removing the body lift, the B&M still hits the trim. I'm not sure why B&M wouldn't make the shifter compatible with body lifts. Worse though is that the shifting is horrible, or at least, I don't like it. It's coming out and going back.

• Wow
I recently drained the trans fluid and put in Redline MTL. The redline is coming out and I am going with Mopar fluid at $26 per quart. Shifts into second are VERY hard now when cold. I am double clutching the 1-2 shift and still have a hard time getting it in. It was not exactly smooth 1-2 before but draining out the Mopar fluid and putting in the Redline absolutely made it worse.
Body lift or tranny drop? I'm in NY and the MTL made a big difference in how much smoother it shifts, but YMMV

I just installed a B&M shifter after the seal around my OEM shifter started leaking. I wouldn't do that mod again. I was hoping that despite it stating that it doesn't work with a body lift, that I could get it to work. I couldn't. Even after removing the body lift, the B&M still hits the trim. I'm not sure why B&M wouldn't make the shifter compatible with body lifts. Worse though is that the shifting is horrible, or at least, I don't like it. It's coming out and going back.
IF, you prefer not to return it, you could modify the shaft of the lever so it wouldn’t contact the trim ?

I installed the B&M performance shifter on my '05 and it has a 1.25" BL with a TT.
No issues what so ever. Just lucky I guess.

Reactions: JMT
The Redline MTL did not help my shifting in the 6-speed, but the Purple Synchromax is a delight. Way better and I’ve been running this batch for 25,000 miles