Who has a B&M shifter in their NSG370 6 speed?

I had the B&M 6speed shifter installed and for the first few weeks if felt awkward and too tight. The mechanics added some green ATF that sounded horrible when coasting in neutral. I added Redline and it seems much better. I decided to open the shifter area rubber and found a mess. Ripped rubber boot and a decent amount of oil pooling near the breather. I've heard of leaks but haven't heard of solutions. Before I add in the new too expensive rubber bladder and re gasket the under side of the shifter. Could this excess oil be from the breather? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 473339

I had the same issue with mine. It wasn't overfilled. It wasn't the breather. They did a shitty job with the clamp and the boot was leaking.
I removed the clamp and boot. I cleaned everything with brake clean. I then applied a light coat of RTV to the inside of the boot and used a 78 x 102 stainless hose clamp. Problem solved.
And.....B&M/Holley's customer service sucks. I called them asking for a new boot and clamp. I supplied photos and let them know that I had just purchased the shifter 23 days ago. They wanted the whole shifter sent back to them for warranty exchange. When I told them it's my dd, they told me to rent a car.

I will say I do like the way it shifts. It's still notchy but nowhere as sloppy as the stock shifter.

Not sure if it was overfilled before the drain. I will definitely take the recommendation to add new gasket maker and a new clamp to the base. Didn't realize the leak till I added the top and doors, smelled strong once the oil heated up on the transmission. I am a fan of the short shifts and probably didn't need the 4K transmition work done. Lesson learned, when in doubt do it yourself.

Last edited: