Who in here likes to fish?

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
OK as suggested by @lowranger and @Tj Starting I am starting a fishing thread...I will start:

First one is a Striped bass caught off Montauk Point, NY, the second is a King salmon on Lake Ontario, off Rochester, NY and the last is a 30" albino channel cat in my pond. Really have to hold my self back from dropping a line that one.

striper.jpg
salmon.JPG
catfish2.jpg

I got pretty deep into fishing the Gulf when I was in Fl. Had a 28' Rinker cutty, me & my military buddies spent an absolute fortune catching those dumb fish. It was a great time, but the older I got (and after having kids) it just became too time consuming. Deep sea fishing is still fun, but I'll just do a charter if I'm in an area and let someone else do the work lol.

Now that I've moved to Utah I've enjoyed taking up river fishing and I really like it. It's so much more relaxing than fighting a big ass tuna for 20 mins in 4 foot seas, gaffing it, and beating it with a bat so it doesn't take your legs out and send you overboard. The trout, carp, & catfish are all over the place here, and I can drive 10 minutes to find a little spot and see what I get. Fly fishing is something I've yet to try, any fly fishers in here?

Ive got a fly rod that I am practicing with. I bought it a few years ago and caught a few fish with it, but haven't bought a fishing license in two years. I started with a new company about two months ago, and everyone there fishes. We perform a lot of stream restoration work and the guys tend to fish the reaches once work is completed. I need to pick it back up so I can fit in with them.

yeah with kids I don't get out often, usually when friends charter I will jump on. Now that my house in PA is finished we spend time there every other weekend so I am getting my PA license to see what is around here.

Been fishing my whole life. Unfortunately not as much as I'd like lately. Here's one of my trophy fish.

I grew up fly fishing for trout, where legal is 6" minimum and a whopper is 12". Your picture reminds me of the first time I went fishing in the ocean. The bait we used was bigger than most trout I've ever caught.

First time I went deep sea fishing we bought a big bucket of squid for bait. I said to my buddy, "I like calamari better than yellowtail, what are doing again?" He just scowled at me and said, "we ain't out here to find you something to eat."