Who in here likes to hunt?

I loves WA mountain hunting but dang there's not so many animals on the west side. I love bear meat and will be back up chasing them when berries are ripe. Also going to MT in Nov. 700 units have a buck and doe tag to fill for freezer. Have to chop the skull for buck now since CWD showed up in Mt.

View attachment 109952
We are getting more bears showing up where I hunt in North Western California. I have two on our trail camera. My wife and I both have bear tags this year.

Used to deer and small game hunt in NC but my primary hunting grounds got sold and it became too much trouble finding a place to hunt. I still shoot often and compete in CAS, Wild Bunch, BAMM or ipsc style matches monthly. Here I’m shooting my ‘97 trench gun in a WB match wearing my 1912 uniform.
106BA4F7-E2E4-44AB-A06E-6B5C90166BF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Did some scouting with a buddy for elk. Archery opens up at the end of the month.

20190810_092939.jpg

I've never shot a bow (except in PE class back in the late 90s). My buddy is trying to convince me to get one so I can go with him. I've got my eye on a Hoyt, its pretty cheap for a beginner and I would probably spend the first year learning how to use it. Plus I am left handed so my options are slim

Reactions: TJ Starting
Did some scouting with a buddy for elk. Archery opens up at the end of the month.

View attachment 110006

I've never shot a bow (except in PE class back in the late 90s). My buddy is trying to convince me to get one so I can go with him. I've got my eye on a Hoyt, its pretty cheap for a beginner and I would probably spend the first year learning how to use it. Plus I am left handed so my options are slim
Nice looking country.

Tried bow hunting but in eastern nc the bugs and heat were too much for me. Enjoyed black powder hunting a bunch though. Killed a pair of whitetails out of the same tree stand on the same hunt, one behind the other, twice. Good luck on your bow hunting endeavor tworley.

We are getting more bears showing up where I hunt in North Western California. I have two on our trail camera. My wife and I both have bear tags this year.

Hope you get one. The two I've shot previously were great eating and due to the extra fat stays more moist than venison in the crock pot.

View of ranch(deer camp) and filling a feeder. It's not high fence and the shot from my blind to this feeder is 200+ yds. These views are 400ft above most of the land. West Texas whitetail and Axis. We have some hogs(not many), coyotes, mountain lions, couple of black panthers(draw on the distance is Panther Draw) Bobcats, and Black bears. The bears are endangered here and cannot be hunted.

20190831_115631.jpg

VideoCapture_20190831-175717.jpg

20190831_124528.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
View of ranch(deer camp) and filling a feeder. It's not high fence and the shot from my blind to this feeder is 200+ yds. These views are 400ft above most of the land. West Texas whitetail and Axis. We have some hogs(not many), coyotes, mountain lions, couple of black panthers(draw on the distance is Panther Draw) Bobcats, and Black bears. The bears are endangered here and cannot be hunted.

View attachment 112377

View attachment 112378

View attachment 112379
It's nice that you can have feeders. We can't have feeders on the ranch here, it's against the law in California. We are getting more bears on the ranch and we can hunt them. Mountain lions we can't hunt, because the are protected by law (crazy) there are too many of them here. Got my Blacktail Buck about 3 weeks ago, now my wife is looking for her's. We keep getting trees falling across the roads and seems like we spend more time cutting trees then hunting.