Who in here likes to hunt?

IMG_2117.JPG

Couldn't get them all in the frame. There were four spikes at the front and there were more cow/calf pairs coming up the rear.
Roosevelt elk. Vancouver Island. August 23rd

Been hunting on and off since I was about 15. Big game is mostly an archery affair. Last year was my first out of state hunt, southeast Idaho. Saw some great bucks, great bulls, and a crap load of grouse. We arrowed those on a daily basis. One of our group shot a nice 4x4, I missed a smaller buck, buddy also missed a nice 4x3. I ended up shooting a fat doe, ID is either sex during archery season. Going back this year and have deer and elk tags already:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_punch:
View attachment 11565
View attachment 11566

Yep, archery season opens the third weekend.
Really...must we have this type of thread...using a bow to kill any animal is just barbaric. I hope all of you return as exactly as what you terrify and mostly wound.
Come on Mods this is like religion and politics and has no place here!
Bollocks to the argument ‘I only kill what I eat’ How many wankers simply wound these things.
Don’t bother slagging me off I won’t read it , instead I’ll just think...you sad b......s

Really...must we have this type of thread...using a bow to kill any animal is just barbaric. I hope all of you return as exactly as what you terrify and mostly wound.
Bollocks to the argument ‘I only kill what I eat’ How many wankers simply wound these things.
Don’t bother slagging me off I won’t read it , instead I’ll just think...you sad b......s
There’s a simple solution to this... if you don’t like the thread don’t bother viewing it or commenting on it. Your opinion carries no weight in this thread and doesn’t need to be expressed every time something offends you.

I’m sure you have hobbies that most of us in this thread don’t enjoy, like wearing a mask and voting for Biden.

Ever kill something with a hammer?

Live in Florida and eat fish . . . . betting you do eat fish.
Drag it through the water until exhausted, club it over the head.
Run along now, mommy's calling you to eat your salmon sandwich.
Eat the crusts.

Finally got the call from my Taxidermist Monday. Since the wife doesn't let me hang trophies in my house and the barn is too dirty, my office got some new wall art!
Very nice! I had to refer back in this post to see your field photos... taxidermy day is always the best!

I got mine back from last season a while back too (furthest to the right shoulder mount)... My boys and I are already chomping at the bit for this coming year.. food plots are doing fair given our lack of rain this summer, permanent stands are hung, late summer scouting and trail cams underway... just waiting on the Sept 18th youth deer opener for my youngest. Good luck this season to everyone!

1630590249825.png

Very nice! I had to refer back in this post to see your field photos... taxidermy day is always the best!

I got mine back from last season a while back too (furthest to the right shoulder mount)... My boys and I are already chomping at the bit for this coming year.. food plots are doing fair given our lack of rain this summer, permanent stands are hung, late summer scouting and trail cams underway... just waiting on the Sept 18th youth deer opener for my youngest. Good luck this season to everyone!

View attachment 274542
Dang man, why don't you let them grow a little? Awesome deer.

(Yes, that is sarcasm; The first part)

Reactions: jboswell11

View attachment 274542
Your lucky to be in a good hunting area. I hunted deer in Southern California for a few years and finally gave up. Looks like I need to go out of state.

Reactions: mrjp and jboswell11
Elk and deer every year. Pictures of Hunt camp last year. Snow came on the next to last day. Saw plenty of elk but no bulls. Deer hunting went great.

View attachment 267372

View attachment 267373
Im headed your way in November. PUshed it to 3rd week of November in hopes to get snow. I need to get insulated boots though. My regular backpacking boots are insufficient for the kind of cold you guys get!

Reactions: gosborne
The only things that has no place here is you. See yourself the fuck out.

View attachment 274542
Nice whitetail. We get a lot of Blacktail up here in Northern California (the ones on the right). Whitetail is on my wish list.

IMG_20181031_112306617.jpg

Any luck turkey hunting in So Cal? Laguna area possibly?
I have hunted turkeys on Palomar Mountain. I have also seen them in Warner Springs and in Ranchita while hunting deer. They are one smart bird and I have yet to get one. I do enjoy that hunt though.

Reactions: Sancho