Who in here likes to hunt?

I was out bear hunting Sunday. Didn't see one, but I think I was in the right area.

View attachment 289579
Depending on when it rained last, you could definitely be in the right place! Bears are suckers to their bellies so now that you know he's here find his food, wait and you'll find your food!

I know where his food is. I keep waiting for him, but we keep missing each other. :)
Good luck! Me and my buddy got a nice mountain bear in the huckleberries this year and it has been FINE eating. Worth the effort. Our bear season is over now how long does yours go?

My oldest finally filled his archery deer tag. He was stubborn that he wanted no assistance from dad this year so this buck is all his own. Both he and dad are quite proud!

258230212_688518658789680_1916465336251741395_n.jpg

Mid 160's main frame 11pt that was 5+ years old judging by his tooth wear. The archery tags are filled at our house so we are on predator control until gun season comes along in a few weeks.

I haven’t been able to bow hunt yet this year but I finally went out on the last day of bow season today and Mother Nature treated me to some white stuff in Massachusetts last nigh, I didn’t see anything but it’s always good to be out. Good job to everyone who was able to harvest some meat this year
F5A39FE2-70F0-4BC1-A053-02A011F83D90.jpeg
1CAD0C19-3ECA-4D2F-802F-8FCFCF72DB5D.jpeg

Nice! bucks guys
I am still hunting here in the beginning of the heavy rut
my wife however is done. She got her chance on the morning of November 1
and her results a 190# dressed 8

View attachment 289373

View attachment 289374
so i found some pics on one of the cams of the wife's buck the day before she shot him
this is exactly 24hrs before hand

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Been a couple years since I’ve hunted, once I bought a company my free time evaporated. Anyway, I’m slowly getting some time back and was able to get out this weekend. Couple years ago, dad and I set up a new stand and today was the first day I’ve sat in it. Glad I picked it, because I got a really nice 8pt about 9 am. It’s also my first archery harvest. What a rush!

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

Got my buck last week 👍🏼 where I'm at it's blacktail deer and any buck (1 deer per year) so I was happy with a forked horn!
1000001071.jpg

Then with about 25-30% pork butt I made 18 pounds of breakfast sausage! I have a bunch of ground deer and elk in the freezer from my last deer and gifts from friends so I turned all of my grind on this deer into sausage.

1000001075.jpg

I just got back from my camp and spent the last 5 days archery hunting for whitetail. Seen 10 buck total. Passed on 2 smaller scrub bucks and saw 2 really nice shooters but couldn't get a shot at one. One of them was at 20 yards but didn't have a clear shot on him. Looks like I'll be waiting till rifle season to try and fill my tag in a couple weeks.

Reactions: Granite