Who in here likes to hunt?

Awesome pics. Quick question. Are you the Dos Equis guy. @Head Lice
th?id=OIP.Mcee9348987064503bef10c15db800594H2&pid=15.1.jpg

Archery Hunter here... big and small game. Squirrels are really fun with the bow, although it is a little messier than using a .22 (preferred method for bagging limit)
I've only taken 2 whitetail so far (small buck & large doe). Starting hunting about 3 years ago now.

So what is everyone planning this year??

I will be archery here in Ca, D zone, and archery in Idaho. Already have deer and elk tags for Id

Last edited:
Reactions: NicKnack
So what is everyone planning this year??

I will be archery here in Ca, D zone, and archery in Idaho. Already have deer and elk tags for Id:emoji_thumbsup:
I'm hoping for a couple whitetail and maybe a black bear here in PA... just moved here though so I'm hoping to find some private land I can hunt rather than hunting the state game lands.

Reactions: Rob5589
Hey JMT.....maybe this is a better place to talk about our hunting :)
You see many feral pigs there?
Oh, yep, I enjoy hunting. I enjoy preparing it correctly so it tastes good too.

Feral pigs are here, and to stay! You can't kill them all and they breed like rabbits, as you know.

It's interesting how different the animals are near our annual hunt, around Cotulla, TX, and here in Fredericksburg. Of course, there's overlap, such as whitetail and hogs, but up here I see coons and foxes all the time, and down there I don't. And down there they have javelina, but not up here. Also the birds there are different. They have green jays. If you've never seen one, they're beautiful green and blue and yellow. Just amazing to watch.

Just finished the last of my deer from ID :(

Already have my deer and elk tags for 18 so hoping to replenish the supply:D

Oh, yep, I enjoy hunting. I enjoy preparing it correctly so it tastes good too.

Feral pigs are here, and to stay! You can't kill them all and they breed like rabbits, as you know.

It's interesting how different the animals are near our annual hunt, around Cotulla, TX, and here in Fredericksburg. Of course, there's overlap, such as whitetail and hogs, but up here I see coons and foxes all the time, and down there I don't. And down there they have javelina, but not up here. Also the birds there are different. They have green jays. If you've never seen one, they're beautiful green and blue and yellow. Just amazing to watch.
The wild pigs come an go here. They move around a lot looking for food. We have a lot of different type of oak trees here the produce acorns for pigs, deer, turkeys along with a lot of other animals and birds. Our Blacktail here do pretty good as long as they can avoid the Mt Lions and coyotes.

Reactions: Rob5589
We have axis down here too. I love axis. It basically tastes like a slightly sweet beef. I’ve only seen one on my property. They usually spend time near water and they live in herds. They’re unpredictable in their wandering. They are considered exotics, so you can hunt them year round. Just wish we had some on our place, but we got no water so we got no axis.

We also have Syka (Japanese for deer), they run like gazelle’s. We also have black buck.

We have axis down here too. I love axis. It basically tastes like a slightly sweet beef. I’ve only seen one on my property. They usually spend time near water and they live in herds. They’re unpredictable in their wandering. They are considered exotics, so you can hunt them year round. Just wish we had some on our place, but we got no water so we got no axis.

We also have Syka (Japanese for deer), they run like gazelle’s. We also have black buck.
You have all kinds of stuff there you can hunt and eat. Too bad you don't have any water. We have a lot of springs that run year around.