Who in here likes to hunt?

Here in California years ago you never need a tag to pig hunt, just a hunting License. Fish and Game said they weren't native to California. Well as time passed pig hunting became very popular as the pig population increased. Fish & Game saw where they weren't getting any revenue from the pig hunting, other then a hunting License. So they stepped in and said they were going to require a pig tag in order for you to hunt a pig (only so they could "manage" the pig population so we would have pigs to hunt in the future). To make a long story short, today one pig tag cost you about $30. The limit.....as many as you want to "No Limit" as long as you have a tag on each one if them. Well there's a great "Management" program! Sounds like an all "Revenue" program to me.
You'd be right. So much of this is about money. Just follow the money...On that note, I refuse to buy hunting licenses for my boys. I don't care if the State reads it on this website. I will not do it. It is stupid. I have six white tail tags a year and we take about 3 deer a year. Additionally, I won't take them to the 6 hour hunting safety course either. Sorry guys. I'm not throwing money your way/away. I can teach them far more about firearms and hunting than a hunting safety course. I'm right there with them in the field. I show them how to strip their weapons down and put them back together blindfolded. I teach them about ammunition, ballistics, optics, trigger safety, line of sight, both eyes open, hunting in public places, private places, land rights, property lines, et. al.And most importantly I can teach them to respect a firearm, human life and animals. Clean kills are vital (no pun intended). Guns and hunting are a daily part of our life and no course can ever rival the amount of information they will receive from me.

Here in California years ago you never need a tag to pig hunt, just a hunting License. Fish and Game said they weren't native to California. Well as time passed pig hunting became very popular as the pig population increased. Fish & Game saw where they weren't getting any revenue from the pig hunting, other then a hunting License. So they stepped in and said they were going to require a pig tag in order for you to hunt a pig (only so they could "manage" the pig population so we would have pigs to hunt in the future). To make a long story short, today one pig tag cost you about $30. The limit.....as many as you want to "No Limit" as long as you have a tag on each one if them. Well there's a great "Management" program! Sounds like an all "Revenue" program to me.
Total BS by the worthless CA F&G. Nearly all pig hunting is done on private land and the land owners charge a shit-ton of money, like 600-1000 for one pig.

You'd be right. So much of this is about money. Just follow the money...On that note, I refuse to buy hunting licenses for my boys. I don't care if the State reads it on this website. I will not do it. It is stupid. I have six white tail tags a year and we take about 3 deer a year. Additionally, I won't take them to the 6 hour hunting safety course either. Sorry guys. I'm not throwing money your way/away. I can teach them far more about firearms and hunting than a hunting safety course. I'm right there with them in the field. I show them how to strip their weapons down and put them back together blindfolded. I teach them about ammunition, ballistics, optics, trigger safety, line of sight, both eyes open, hunting in public places, private places, land rights, property lines, et. al.And most importantly I can teach them to respect a firearm, human life and animals. Clean kills are vital (no pun intended). Guns and hunting are a daily part of our life and no course can ever rival the amount of information they will receive from me.
Good for you JMT! But unfortunately not all Dads are like you. Good for you!

That's where I do all my pig hunting (on private land). Just gotta know the right people.
Definitely. Just hard to find the right people. I have had several tell me they had a "hook up" but has never panned out.

On another note, re-fletched my arrrows...
IJQsOSGyr-iZZrO15m0LI4GAL5AB6aarx80lSDQAjSY6ao-LcR1-pu3nb5xj-jjbUqCr0xQXKP67u73Vp-8=w359-h637-no.jpg

Reactions: JMT
5F02E37F-9374-4570-A986-D4624E87E3F8.jpeg
Haven’t seen much this hunt, till tonight. We hit the mother load! Wish I could tell the story here. Long story. And this is not all we killed this night.
BBA55EFE-170D-4159-A7F7-AEF56AC3206F.jpeg

Reactions: Rob5589
Looks like you have some pork and venison.....what are going to do with the coyote?
Dump him. The coyotes are hell on the fawn population each year. So we’re just doing the landowner a favor getting rid of them.

There was another, bigger hog. We followed a very good blood-trail a long way, until we had to get back due to loss of daylight and prospectus of getting lost. Of the six hunts we are doing here, this was the best by far. Last one is this morning.

Reactions: DC0046
Dump him. The coyotes are hell on the fawn population each year. So we’re just doing the landowner a favor getting rid of them.

There was another, bigger hog. We followed a very good blood-trail a long way, until we had to get back due to loss of daylight and prospectus of getting lost. Of the six hunts we are doing here, this was the best by far. Last one is this morning.
Are you going to go back out and look for that wounded Hog this morning?

Are you going to go back out and look for that wounded Hog this morning?
We’re heading out by noon, so it’s unlikely. I think he’s dead. There was so much blood we were surprised we didn’t find him. If we can get the doe quartered and all packed up by 10am, we’ll give it a shot. He was over 2 feet high at the back, based on consistent blood marks, so he’d be a beast to handle. We estimate we went 3/8 mile. I’d really like to find him. My son shot the doe in the neck at 59. I shot the hog in photo and he shot the one we trailed for 3/8 mile. When we were making our way back (and really did get lost), I shot the coyote. It was an awesome hunt with all the details!

Bought my own Christmas present this time. I won a gift certificate at our company Christmas dinner for a 308 Savage rifle. The store let me use it towards another rifle so I got the Remington 338 Lapua. I don't need it but have been wanting one. I looked at several and the Savages were illegal weight. 15 lb limit for hunting so I got the Remington. Still, haven't scoped it but as soon as I do I'll post some pics. Looking forward to getting an elk

http://www.blacksheepstore.net/rifl...apua-mag-26-51-grn-bell-carlson-blkweb-stkblk

Reactions: MikeM