Who in here likes to hunt?

#2 for Archery.

IMG_1066.jpg

PA opener was a wet one therefore slow, but we'll be heading back up tomorrow. Bear, buck or doe it's taking a ride home. Good luck to everyone out!

Crossbow kill. 15 hour old track, 1500 yards, liver and one lung. I enjoy tracking with my dog, "Chuck", as much, if not more than hunting.

View attachment 65751
I know what you mean about hunting with your dog. I use to do a lot of pig hunting with my dogs here in Northern California. Hunting, locating and bringing a wild pig/boar to bay was pretty exciting. Made you really proud of your hard working dog/dogs. I still pig hunt, but not with dogs any more.

Reactions: larasea
Nice bunch of animals, and some nice kills as well. I’m doing my part as well.
This guy weighed 47lbs. He’s on a full sized lawn leaf bag, on my driveway, to give a size comparison.

View attachment 65865

View attachment 65866
Wow, big cat! We saw one a few years ago that was so big we thought it was a small lion. Wasn't season yet so no tags.

Wow, big cat! We saw one a few years ago that was so big we thought it was a small lion. Wasn't season yet so no tags.
That is the biggest one I’ve ever seen. We found fawns he trashed, and knew one was around. I shot him out of a large pin oak that had fallen. Looked like he was just waiting for food to walk by.

Reactions: lowranger
Those tarsal glands are all nasty :D
Yeah, tarsal glands are the reason nobody straps bucks on the hood on their way back to town anymore. The smell will absolutely kill any resale value of any vehicle if you get it inside. See, with a recently active buck on the hood, and a few guys with gas in the car, it’s inevitable somebody’s going to roll a window down. The vehicle is toast within a mile after that, and it ain’t coming out. You can mask it all you want, but to a non hunter it’s a definite deal breaker.

Reactions: Rob5589 and JMT
It’s almost as bad a putting a dead skunk under your buddy’s seat in his truck.

:meparto:
Back in HS we hit a skunk in a buddies car while he was out of town. Man, that thing stunk for weeks! He was so pissed but we all laughed about it for years. Ahhh, the good times :D

Reactions: Fire814
One of my neighbors overheard my buddy going off on me about the smell in his truck. Most city dwellers just don’t understand. I didn’t kill the furry stinker, I just had the lack of class for putting it in a friends truck. Hell, it already had been dead for two days when I got it. Plus, I can’t help it it took him a few more days to find it. Same neighbor once accused me of stealing his “outside” cat. I did relocate it to a different neighborhood, but I didn’t steal it.
; )

Last edited:
Thought I would start a thread about hunting. I see several in here like to hunt.
Share your stories and pictures.
My wife and I hunt quit a bit. We hunt to put meat in our freezers so we don't have to by our meat from the grocery stores. No telling all the stuff (pink slime) they have added to that. Plus we just like being in the Great Outdoors.
We do like to hunt for the "Big Guy", but if that doesn't happen, we try and find one to put in the freezer.
My wife has become quit the Huntress....She shot a Blacktail buck at 502 yards and hit him in the heart. My friends tell me not to make her mad at me, and if I do ..... don't run.... you'll just die tired.
We have hunted out of state (Idaho, Nevada, Montana and Colorado) for elk and deer. We do most of our hunting here in Northern Caifornia for Blacktail deer, wild pigs and turkey.
picture of our Elk camp in Idaho north of Stanley.View attachment 11557

Mike Shatto, Professional Hunter, Ted Shatto Safaris, Ethiopia, 1960s.
Mike and Lemma Shatto about to leave on safari, to set up camp before the client arrived.
Today, any hunting I do
44332967_10217901443274001_5885429235153108992_n.jpg

is with a camera.