Who insures your TJ?

Ruth

Does anyone use Hagarty or Grundy to insure your tj? I know they place strict limitations on the vehicle's usage. Right now I am with Geico.
Thanking you in advance for your input.

the-general-with-thumbs-up-LG.png

• Haha
  • USA Proud
Reactions: CMBD, L J and Chris
I have USAA but I do wonder how much they would pay out if stolen or totaled. My LJR only has 35,000 miles and zero rust. Its certainly worth more than blue book value.

I just checked with Allstate a couple of days ago, same coverage would cost me more there.

After nearly 20 years with USAA I switched to State Farm and dramatically cut my rates. USAA isn't what it used to be.

I am thinking about doing the same. Have House, Camp, Camper and Three vehicles (including the LJ) with full coverage on USAA for almost 12 years now. Insurance jumped almost $100 extra a month on my newest contract. With no explanation

I have Liberty Mutual on the Jeep. We use them for multiple home, business and auto policies and they have been mostly OK, sometimes great. But, even though the coverage on the Jeep is full and not too spendy, it’s doesn’t cover much. Just blue book. So I’ll lose big if it’s stolen. I looked into declared value with Hagerty. They were nice but not really wanting to cover a built off-roader. They asked if I had a winch (which I will) and that was a no-no for them.

Farmers. Cost us $105 a month for my wife's 2004 Durango, my 2006 Mitsubishi Raider, (Dodge Dakota, the Moparbishi) and the Muddog. And that's FULL coverage. I think it's 100, 300, 100.

Last edited:
Liberty Mutual even though I didn't have a good experience with them totaling out my DD car.

As for the Jeep - $285 per year. Full coverage. $500 deductible.

The collision and comprehensive part of it is only $56 annually.

I think I remember looking up the collector car insurance type rates at one point and it was quite a bit more expensive.

There was something about how all insurance brands are pretty much the same cost for the same coverage. Risk, etc blah blah blah. That's why they have to have dumb mascots and attempt funny commercials in order to differentiate themselves since there is not really any other way to stand out, including price.

I didn’t think Hagerty would insure a vehicle that is used off-road. Maybe that’s just here in Arizona. My classic car is with Hagerty but the TJ is Allstate along with all the other vehicles and the house

AAA, they have gone well above and beyond after several major events including my stolen TJ and flooded house. Outstanding service and payouts 2-3X what I expected, I'll never leave them.

I've been with State Farm for decades, I've never been able to find anyone who could beat them by any substantial amount. Years back, I stopped in at AAA and showed them my State Farm policy. They guy told me flat up: "I wish I could write insurance this good." Of course, that was then, I dunno about now...

Reactions: Jerry Bransford