Who is making 6 inch highline fenders these days?

JeepingNet

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Who is making 6 inch Highline fenders these days? I'd love to go with narrower but we have engineering laws in my area and the local inspect is strict on tire coverage. Big bonus if they come in Aluminum.

• Genright — I was going to pull the trigger on them today but it 3x the cost to get them into Canada. This is the reason for this post.. Looking at almost 3.5k for just the front fenders.. yikes..
  • Motobilt — not a bad choice in my opinion just can't find many people that run the 6 inch
  • AquaLu — They will make them in a 5 inch which is tempting but it's my understanding the underhood re-org is a lot more complex than say Genright.

I know AquaLu isn't popular here so here is their link: https://www.hardbody4x4.com/5213-1997-2006-tj-lj-high-hood-tube-front-fenders.html

Who else am I forgetting?

Edit: I should have mentioned I looking for options that also have an inner fender. Mine have seen one too many maritime winters.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about high line fenders, which ones are good vs bad and the like, but I think those do look good. Not much help, I know, but good luck in your search.

Reactions: JeepingNet
Metalcloak
Oh yikes, I almost added them to the list but wanted to avoid being killed in the comments ;)

I am one of the few that like them but agree they are not true high lines. They are not on my list because I sent them to our local engineer (who I Jeep with) and he didn't like how they tapper down at the bottom. The big complaint he gets from the public is rocks flying up from our jeeps. I honestly considered getting them and modifying them but for their price that doesn't make sense.

but it's my understanding the underhood re-org is a lot more complex than say Genright.
gonna be about the same no matter which you choose. i think most are gonna require a smaller CAI, the battery has to come up the washer bottle has to shrink, the fuse box moves a few inches and if you have A/C, the lines might have to be tweaked. the rest isn't hard to find room for.

the fender is only a fender, it's that inner fender and it's shape that will provide the room for parts relocation.

gonna be about the same no matter which you choose. i think most are gonna require a smaller CAI, the battery has to come up the washer bottle has to shrink, the fuse box moves a few inches and if you have A/C, the lines might have to be tweaked. the rest isn't hard to find room for.

the fender is only a fender, it's that inner fender and it's shape that will provide the room for parts relocation.

Totally agree but some come with new battery brackets and have already thought out all their movements.

Reactions: Wildman
I've got the Metal Cloak fenders & 8" flares to try and cover as much tire as I can to keep the police off my butt for the few times I drive on the street. What I like about them is that I can take the flares off when running tight trails.

Good luck with your search.

Reactions: Ironman and Irun
If you don’t necessarily need to highline, MC’s should be in your decision process. They come with everything needed to switch out and no cutting or replacing stock air box.

Have you decided?

• Dislike
Reactions: MichaelGH and Lou
If you don’t necessarily need to highline, MC’s should be in your decision process. They come with everything needed to switch out and no cutting or replacing stock air box.

Have you decided?
I did pull the trigger on MC's they had a sale this weekend and 1/2 shipping to Canada cut their cost more than half to all the other options.

The other deciding factor was two weeks ago on the trail I noticed how often I rubbed my rubicon stock fender flares on things.. 6 inch is really going to get rubbed. So with MC's, I can run different widths so I ordered both the 6 inch and 4 inch. I might even order rub rails for the more technical days with no mud.

I did pull the trigger on MC's they had a sale this weekend and 1/2 shipping to Canada cut their cost more than half to all the other options.

The other deciding factor was two weeks ago on the trail I noticed how often I rubbed my rubicon stock fender flares on things.. 6 inch is really going to get rubbed. So with MC's, I can run different widths so I ordered both the 6 inch and 4 inch. I might even order rub rails for the more technical days with no mud.

That is great news. Cutting the cost is really nice. I agree that I think I'll be getting the rub rails for mine. Never thought about getting a narrower set of extra flares. I'll have to look at that. Great idea.

Edit: BTW Jeep West in Oregon converts the M/C fenders to a highline for those who want it. If you do a search there is a thread here with pictures.

That is great news. Cutting the cost is really nice. I agree that I think I'll be getting the rub rails for mine. Never thought about getting a narrower set of extra flares. I'll have to look at that. Great idea.

Edit: BTW Jeep West in Oregon converts the M/C fenders to a highline for those who want it. If you do a search there is a thread here with pictures.
I’ve def seen them or someone else turning them into hilines. Looks really good. IMO.

Reactions: Wildman