Who likes to fish?

Wtrask

TJ Enthusiast
I primarily fly fish for multiple species of fish but also get some time fishing for largemouth with a spinning reel in the summers when the trout and salmon fishing sucks.

I'm a tourist in the fishing game. like standing around in the mountains or a boat, drinking beer with my buddies. I'll hold a fishing pole while I do it if that facilitates the opportunity. Never fly fished, but I had a great time catching a couple salmon in the ocean off the coast of Alaska, but at dinner time I more enjoyed the crab we'd caught in pots we'd set the day before.

But I don't really like eating fish that much, lol. I'll put down some fish and chips but I can't stand salmon and given the opportunity I'll choose a steak every time. And I'm not into it enough to go by myself or spend a bunch of money on gear.

Reactions: tworley
Basically my go to. Getting ready for ice fishing now. Fish trout ,panfish ,walleye and northern . Have a trailer set up to haul my portable shacks and 4 wheeler to various lakes. The lake we live on has brown trout , panfish and bass . No real predators other than bass . My wife’s nickname is otter because of all the fish she will eat . grandkids all fish as well as my 2 boys . Not into dark water but really enjoy clear water. Will be out just about every day once ice sets .

I guess I should have searched first. I had a great season caught my personal best “Chub” 81FBEC81-C904-4832-B27D-23F6D3FCB5A7.jpeg9B704448-1234-4DB3-B5B4-593BA38B66F2.jpeg

Reactions: cliffish
I haven't been fishing in probably 16 years, the last time I went, my best friend and I caught some bass and grilled it over a camp fire while camping, man that brings back some great memories, I need to get my TJ done so I can go fishing again.

Muskie, Northerns are my favorite. I don't go out on the big water, Love in lakes off the beatin path that are full of bites almost every cast if your way north.

Reactions: Moon Eyes
Not really a fisherman but since I live in a fishing tourist town I’ve gotten out a few times, plenty of salmon and halibut in the freezer.

I primarily fly fish for multiple species of fish but also get some time fishing for largemouth with a spinning reel in the summers when the trout and salmon fishing sucks.
Earlier this year on the Yellowstone....

A Yellowstone Cutthroat on the Yellowstone River.

1638500960765.jpeg

Same stretch of river the next day.

1638501028918.jpeg

A 19" Brown on the Madison just inside the NW gate of the Park.

1638501081846.jpeg

This hole yielded a dozen of similar size to a couple of us in the 4pm hatch.

Reactions: Wtrask
That is awesome like a dream fishing there for me!
It is a dream to fish there. This year the water was low and fishing wasn't as good as previous years.

I grew up in Idaho and have fly fished that area forever it seems. I'm down here in AZ and have added a Gila and Apache to my list of Trout caught.

I even held the WA state record for 7 months for Tiger Trout (9lb, 13 OZ)..... State Record these days is over 20lbs I believe.

Maybe a little bit.
No-tellum-creek. 25 years, never seen a human footprint or any litter. 12 - 17" all day long.
These were released into the fryin' pan.
The other 20 or so go back in to grow for next time.

PXL_20210719_165107725.jpg

PXL_20210719_185708969.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier this year on the Yellowstone....

A Yellowstone Cutthroat on the Yellowstone River.

View attachment 293909

Same stretch of river the next day.

View attachment 293910

A 19" Brown on the Madison just inside the NW gate of the Park.

View attachment 293911
This hole yielded a dozen of similar size to a couple of us in the 4pm hatch.
NICE YC!

Grew up Fishing the Madison before it was discovered.. aaahhh.
Caught one Yellowstone Cut in a high mountain lake a couple years ago. 3# I'd guess. Used to get a lot of Westslope Cuts back in the day. Love me some nymphs.

I buy a license each year and keep my fly rod and waders/boots in the truck. Though Ive never liked fish, so I catch/release.

Reactions: JMT and pc1p