Who makes the best after market bumpers

Winston

I have a 2006 X and want new 3/16" bumpers, something with a tow receiver and maybe a tire carrier in the rear and a stinger with a winch plate in the front. Who makes the best quality and the best value bumpers out there? Who is your go to Manufacturer?

Well, it all depends on who you talk to and what your needs are. I like you wanted a rear bumper that was well built and rated for towing and had a swing out tire carrier. I did a lot of research and there weren't many out there that was rated for towing. Price wise, I believe you get what you pay for. I went with the ARB rear bumper.

Reactions: Chris
I went with Nates 4x4 for my front and will most likely do so for the rear. Some have reported slow delivery but I did not experience that. If you must have a tow rated bumper though your choices will be limited as most after market bumpers are not rated at all. Though I suspect most of the would pass the test, the cost associated with getting rated is high compaired to the return.

I went with Rock Hard 4X4 both front and rear.
They were a tad pricey but so far have held up well.
Made here in the USA and great tech support.
Just my 2 pennies worth

Well, it all depends on who you talk to and what your needs are. I like you wanted a rear bumper that was well built and rated for towing and had a swing out tire carrier. I did a lot of research and there weren't many out there that was rated for towing. Price wise, I believe you get what you pay for. I went with the ARB rear bumper.
Care to show us some photos of it? ;)

Reactions: Starrs
Pleny of choices when it comes to made in USA.

Genright
Motobilt
Poison Spyder Customs
JCR
Blue Torch Fab
Among a lot others.

You should get out and see if there are any custom off road shops in your state and ask a shop to build you a custom bumper welded up to your specs. Support your local Jeep shops.

I like the stock bumper. It can look great with a winch plate, and modified. It is light weight and strong.

I don’t want added weight to kill mpg or to haul uphill

Sorry that was off topic.

I think the dirtworx bumpers look awesome and the prices are nice too

I second this ^^. But I’m just bias(;
190d3984f1634727c489094fd827b15b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I also, went with Nates 4x4 for my rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier/Hi-Lift Jack carrier and dual Jerry Can holders. It took Nate roughly 45 days longer than promised to get my entire order to me. At one point, I even went to my credit card company to request my payment back, as it seemed nearly impossible to establish communications with Nate. Perhaps I just caught him at an unusually difficult time. Whatever the cause, he did in fact get back to me, and satisfied my needs. The finished product, in my opinion, is nothing short of fantastic. All parts of the 3/16th" thick steel are CNC cut to perfection, and when Nate is the welder (yes, I can tell the difference in the quality of welds), it is flawless and looks as though it was welded by a robot. Heat penetration is perfect. The swing-arm is hinged to a 1700 lb., trailer axle. The Jerry Cans fit perfectly. I didn't like Nates idea to hold the Hi-Lift Jack, so I made my own, which I am very pleased with. I also added (after powder-coating the entire metal package), felt adsive backed felt to the metal surfaces where the Jerry Cans would make contact with the steel, so as to not scratch the Jerry Cans, both top, and bottom. So far, it works very well. I can highly recommend www.nates4x4.com for a great product, which, I recall was less than $800. The bumper weights is at 70 lbs. and the swing-arm, at 40 lbs., as best I recall. Add the required 10+ gallons of fuel, Hi-Lift Jack, and full size spare tire and wheel, and you are looking at about 300 lbs extra weight. Which, gives me cause now to look at either going with heavier coil springs, or a lift kit of probably, 3".