Who makes this non factory YJ top so I can replace it?

Boomerweps

Bought a 2001 TJ end of April. Wife has wanted one for years, now she has one ;)
The soft top had some bear damage (quite the story involving a bag of apples while the previous owner was in a tree stand) and a bunch of crappy repairs, although weather tight, preventing window removal on all of them. Ordered in a replacement top for a bargain. Once the new top was in hand, we removed the windows and used it that way for a couple months, later folding that down for another couple months.
Weather changing, TJ to be my wife's winter 4x4 in snowy PA. Removed the top from the hardware.

Key point:
Old top front edge has a 3/8" reinforcing plastic strip that presses into the front windshield bow. The factory replacement is made to be installed using screws and does not fit this frame. Anybody know what brand this may be so I can get the right replacement top for use with this style frame?
Or, will I have to order a new top with new bows? If so, what's the least expensive option(s)?
I only paid $1000 for this high mileage Jeep so I'm not looking at doubling my investment ;(

Last edited:
This thread is 100% worthless without photos. Photos of the top as a whole and any potential identifying markings would tremendously help.

Also... I'm not sure how much of a help we'll be, as this is a TJ forum. We can try though!

Corrected, TJ. I mixed up the designation, edited correct, I think.
Hard to photo a pic as the top has been removed. The top looked like any other I've seen, nothing unique.

IMG_1671.JPG
Could not read the maker's tag as that section was worn on the tag. Elsewhere I found a part number that showed up as a Bestop model. They may make the factory screw on header model but this is a clip in. I sent my previous replacement top back for a refund but still out the $30 return shipping ;)
Found a decent priced top with hardware for under $500 shipped after tax, Rampage brand. Only prob with it was I ordered a tan/spice/khaki color and got a grey. Both wife and I agreed, it's an acceptable color and we weren't sending it back 2 hours into the frame install. Took us four hours total from removing the old frame to all closed up. I did take 20 minutes the next day fine tuning the alignment front and back. The top would have likely fit the old frame but I put on the new unrusted clean one. The front also clips in to the windshield header. Only PITA is the windshield header is bolted in instead of latched.

Reactions: Chris