Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Who rotates the spare tire?

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member

images.jpg

SvtLdr

Search Engine Certified Mechanic
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I do. Mostly because I typically end up getting rid of my tires due to age rather than tread wear. This way I'm not pitching a "brand new" tire.

pagrey

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Considering how difficult it is to get tires, ya I rotate five. There is a longer interval between, "my favorite tire is unavailable or out of production."

Reactions: SvtLdr

Bcrez

I do on my girl friends JL but my spare is a 2003 original. Hopefully it gets me to the service station if I ever need it.

psrivats

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Who really does it, and does it help.

I’ve not done it, saying “I’ll just need 3 tires next round” then buy a totally different tire and trash that plan-

I do .. because with a matched spare, might as well.

Unless you have (or intentionally get) a tire that is a little different (ie different kind/cheaper/slightly different size etc), why would you not use it?

ColoJeep

Just a car guy
Supporting Member
My spare has rested comfortably on the tailgate for the past 14 years. I have ran 3 different tire sizes over the years and the spare is different than all of them.
I view the idea of a spare as a way to get the Jeep home and the real tire fixed / replaced. That said my spare looks like crap and I need to mount up something else.

Reactions: Mumblewood

Fulton_Hogan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I do.

I didn't have a matched spare when I got my Jeep. The dealship where I purchased had put new tires on the ground, but not the spare. I later matched the spare so I could do all 5 at the same time.

Rotating them all at the same time means I only have one tire removed at a time. No need to drag out jackstands; I just use a single floor jack and move around the Jeep to complete the rotations.

Edit: This is the process I use.
Screenshot_20210427-141208_PowerPoint.jpg

Last edited:

Longwhitejeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I do it mostly because I'm cheap and want these things to last as long as possible. On the other hand, my jeep is a weekend warrior so my tires may likely get too hard and old before I wear the tread out. At least that is what happened on my last wheeling rig.

Reactions: SvtLdr

DuncLJ

🍺 Beer Guzzler 🍺
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I do, but honestly this is the first time I have done it religiously. It helps that all 5 tires are the same size and the spare is so easy to get to.

Also, five 35's aren't cheap, so I am trying to get the most mileage I can out of them.

PXL_20210901_213649732~2.jpg

Last edited: