Who wants to do the Alcan 5000 in Summer 2022?

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Tox! That’s awesome - and it seemed to go so fast for those of us on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Mrs Tox
Man, that’s a ton of driving in a short amount of time! Hope you got some bluebird days, it has been raining up here for about the last 7 weeks!

Reactions: Mrs Tox
Man, that’s a ton of driving in a short amount of time! Hope you got some bluebird days, it has been raining up here for about the last 7 weeks!

5000+ miles on the rally + the driving back and forth from home is no joke in the timeframe @toximus and @Mrs Tox have done this .. that's an accomplishment in itself. I'm looking forward to reading the trip report and experiences.

We just found out that our truck is ready for pickup so Mr. Tox and I are diverting to Iowa to pick it up. By the time we get home, we will have traveled over 10,000 miles. To drive around the world is 24,901 miles. Between this spring and summer, we've traveled halfway around the world together in a Wrangler. :)

Last edited:
We just found out that our truck is ready for pickup so Mr. Tox and I are diverting to Iowa to pick it up. By the time we get home, we will have traveled over 10,000 miles. To drive halfway around the world is 24,901 miles. Been this spring and this summer, we've traveled halfway around the world together in a Wrangler. :)

And you still talk to each other!!!! Congratulations

And you still talk to each other!!!! Congratulations

I was actually worried I was going to lose my voice during the Alcan because Mr. Tox and I are constantly talking to each other. And of course Mr. Tox was encouraging me to learn how to yell at him during TSDs at the same time. I still find myself talking to him as a navigator. I told him to bear right walking earlier and he shot me the most amused glance.

Last edited:
End of the road for this trip. One last night before we're home.

20220905_182323.jpg

20220905_182643.jpg

20220905_182916.jpg

Last edited:
Marshalltown isn’t near Granger?

Being a holiday, we had the evening free and had heard about this Maid-Rite. It was filled happy and friendly people from the small community who were very hospitable. So a little bit of double backing was well worth it!

Get one of those breaded tenderloins tomorrow at the Brick Street Cafe in Bondurant.

Or hit up Hickory Park in Ames for some BBQ and ice cream on your way up I35.

Depending on how tomorrow goes we'll check these places out. I'd love to be able to hit the road as early as possible.

You grew up around these parts iirc?

Being a holiday, we had the evening free and had heard about this Maid-Rite. It was filled happy and friendly people from the small community who were very hospitable. So a little bit of double backing was well worth it!

Depending on how tomorrow goes we'll check these places out. I'd love to be able to hit the road as early as possible.

You grew up around these parts iirc?

Went to college in Ames. Had a great aunt that lived in Marshalltown.

Spent the weekend in Southeastern Iowa and Mrs App made homemade Maid Rites for everyone.

Hickory park isn’t as good as it used to be but they have reasonably priced BBQ and it’s quick. Harrison Ford has flown in to eat there. The place mats are the ice cream menu and it’s worth the stop for that.

Enjoy the new truck.

Reactions: toximus and Mrs Tox
@Apparition Breakfast of champions for me. (Ribs, BBQ chicken, smoked sausage, hot cinnamon applesauce, & green beans with bacon bits). Undecided on my ice cream order still. I'm really hungry this morning.

View attachment 357365

Wow, living the dream.

Did you read how many lbs of meat they sell a week? It's somewhere on the menu.