Who wants to do the Alcan 5000 in Summer 2022?

I disagree, everyone should stay home and leave it to those of us who won’t drive 40 in the fast lane for mile upon miles… I drove it in the winter because tourists just suck on the road in the summer. -40 is cold enough to keep away the weak.
Have you tried 37 South out of Watson lake? We’ve done that drive twice too. It is beautiful. Less populated then the ALCan. We were going to take that route in 2021. But it was a hellacious year for wildfires. An entire town on the route was burned to the ground.

I believe it is 37 to 3C i believe. Eventually getting to Osoyoos

Congratulations, make sure to bring a nice good set of binoculars or a really good camera with a telephoto lens.

If you want to take any photos of wildlife.

They don’t always walk right beside the vehicle. 😆

15C22BAF-9E01-4BD3-BA57-2A2B2FEC43F4.jpeg

168C47F2-E197-4359-8720-CE1D65DE8733.jpeg

Have you tried 37 South out of Watson lake? We’ve done that drive twice too. It is beautiful. Less populated then the ALCan. We were going to take that route in 2021. But it was a hellacious year for wildfires. An entire town on the route was burned to the ground.

I believe it is 37 to 3C i believe. Eventually getting to Osoyoos
Yes, I believe that I did, all the way to Vancouver. Prettier drive that to cutbank.

@toximus if you had your truck would you have considered using it for the Alcan?

Adding the 50 gallon tank to your truck would seem like a good fit for the distance you need to travel. And, it’s very comfy.

@toximus if you had your truck would you have considered using it for the Alcan?

Adding the 50 gallon tank to your truck would seem like a good fit for the distance you need to travel. And, it’s very comfy.

If I didn't have the Kahki TJ, absolutely. I think the truck fits the spirit of the event. From what I understand, there's a range of classic 2wd rally cars and off the lot trucks and SUVs. We're likely the only Jeep Wrangler this year since Nitto is no longer a sponsor.

It's possible that I might be picking the truck up before the Alcan, but I still feel like it's more fun doing it in the Jeeps and arguably more comfortable if there's going to be lots of bad roads.

Reactions: Apparition