Who wants to do the Alcan 5000 in Summer 2022?

Ripping the dunes at Carcross Desert on the way back from Skagway. Even with a few hundred pounds of gear in the back it still takes the whoops at 40mph like a champ and keeps the power to the ground.

Mrs Tox took video that we'll try to share later.

20220827_202342.jpg

Screenshot_20220828-002154_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20220828-002623_Video Player.jpg

Reading this I realized I'd be horrible as an ALCAN navigator!
That time slot thing would kill me, the anxiety would push me right over the edge.....lol
I have to be minimum 15 minutes early no matter where I go, and that's not exactly a rally winning strategy.

Reactions: Mrs Tox and toximus
Way to go
Looks like you’re bypassing Dawson creek - MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY

Save travels, enjoy !

💯%👍🏿

🚧~•lllllll•~👋🏿🚧

I mixed up Dawson City with Dawson Creek. Unfortunately you are correct, we aren't passing through Dawson Creek.

• Face Palm
Reactions: DETOUR
We're looking forward to our extreme control under the northern lights tonight. We're doing the Ingraham trail with some wonderfully adventuresome people we've met on this trip. :)

Have the northern lights been good so far?

How much is fuel there?

$1.80 - $2.40 litre. So $5.75ish (USD) per gallon. The fuel range of the Jeep is taking a toll since gas stations normally authorize only $75 so we have to spend a few extra minutes at each stop on a second transaction.

Each vehicle has its strengths and weaknesses. The Jeep is great on the gravel roads so we can normally make up for the extra time spent at the gas stations.

Reactions: Apparition
We did it! All 5000+ miles of the Alcan 5000!

A trip report to follow once we drive another 1500 miles home.

We're signed up for the winter 2024 event. Sign up opens online tomorrow for those interested.

Congratulations!
I'm really looking forward to the trip report.

And just to show how bad my timing is, I just drove through your hometown this morning for the first time in 6 months!

Reactions: Mrs Tox