Who wants to do the Alcan 5000 in Summer 2022?

Alright boys! Final count down! Departing in less than 2 weeks.

Here's the punch list:

- Check engine for leaks after fixing RMS (again...).
- Watch front right tire because it might be leaking 1-2psi every few days. Try to patch it if it is. If it can't be patched, the tires will be reaching 50k miles by the end of the trip anyway, so probably wait to replace.
- Mount air compressor.
- Fix front LCA bracket that's been beat against the rocks.
- Install hydroassist.
- Fix under hood light.
- Change transfercase fluid.
- Make gas can carrier.

I'll be updating my progress on the build thread.

The punch list is complete except for the under hood light. Oh well, not that important anyway. And put on about 100 miles today to make sure all of the recent work is problem free (it is).

And then started packing!

20220816_160418.jpg

The punch list is complete except for the under hood light. Oh well, not that important anyway. And put on about 100 miles today to make sure all of the recent work is problem free (it is).

And then started packing!

View attachment 351768

Howdy All

• I’m I correct with my assumption, that you folks will soon be travelling tru Dawson Creek ,BC, ( MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY ) ?
• if convenient for you people, lemme know and I could meet you guys for a mile zero post photo, since I’m suffering from heavy Jeep withdrawal symptoms due to unforeseen shoulder injury, that left our LJ parked in the driveway with powertrain removed, waiting to finish our project “spark plug delete” 🙈😏😊

🚧•DETOUR•🚧

been tryin to keep up. i'd love to be able to do something like this.

i'm sure you've seen all the video's out there but i saw this 1 and noticed a few things.

like the tires at 3:39
poorly marked route even with GPS 4:58
low temps 6:18
balls up in your belly cold 7:10
slick, you alone or got a running mate? 10:35 is there such thing as a snow anchor for a winch line?

Howdy All

• I’m I correct with my assumption, that you folks will soon be travelling tru Dawson Creek ,BC, ( MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY ) ?
• if convenient for you people, lemme know and I could meet you guys for a mile zero post photo, since I’m suffering from heavy Jeep withdrawal symptoms due to unforeseen shoulder injury, that left our LJ parked in the driveway with powertrain removed, waiting to finish our project “spark plug delete” 🙈😏😊

🚧•DETOUR•🚧

Yes. I think we will be! I don't know our schedule yet and I won't have cell reception but I'll try to post up from hotel WIFI once I have a better idea of the schedule.

been tryin to keep up. i'd love to be able to do something like this.

i'm sure you've seen all the video's out there but i saw this 1 and noticed a few things.

like the tires at 3:39
poorly marked route even with GPS 4:58
low temps 6:18
balls up in your belly cold 7:10
slick, you alone or got a running mate? 10:35 is there such thing as a snow anchor for a winch line?

We haven't seen that video. We haven't watched much! 🤣

Thankfully we are expecting nice weather this trip!

Reactions: someguysjeep
we are expecting nice weather this trip

i hope so...... a block heater and studded snow tires are not items you want to be without when they are needed.

TBH i couldn;t find a time frame for that video, do they run the races seasonal or was that the same run? those bikes didn't look like they had that weather.

Reactions: Apparition
i hope so...... a block heater and studded snow tires are not items you want to be without when they are needed.

TBH i couldn;t find a time frame for that video, do they run the races seasonal or was that the same run? those bikes didn't look like they had that weather.

Looks like they do a winter Alcan too

I saw this in the regs so @toximus better play nice -
UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: First offense 60 points, second offense 600.

Looks like Currie was in the list for the 2020 winter rally February 26 - March 6, 2020

https://www.alcan5000.com/2020entry.htm