Who wants to do the Alcan 5000 in Summer 2022?

Small update.

Even though it's on the official list, the Zoleo isn't compatible with SpotWalla for live updates — only manually which requires cell reception. So our tracking is DOA.

But the good news is that we knocked out over 700 miles today!

Looks like you’re in Jamestown

Good trip so far?

Looks like you’re in Jamestown

Unless we can figure something out it'll likely stay that way.

Good trip so far?

The Jeep has been great. No complaints there at all. North Dakota has been boring for the most part except for large sunflower fields the last bit. We're ahead of schedule so we'll probably swing through Theodore Roosevelt National Park in the morning.

@Wildman What are the chances you've got room in that RV for a couple of Jeepers to bunk up for a night? Seriously though, if you want to swing by on Monday I'd love to meet you. And you can park that RV nearby the night before with some fresh sheets and drinks in the fridge that'd be mint! 🤣

Edit: If you can come out toward Billings that'd work for Saturday night too. Reaaaally anywhere between Billings and Seattle works great. 👍

@Wildman What are the chances you've got room in that RV for a couple of Jeepers to bunk up for a night? Seriously though, if you want to swing by on Monday I'd love to meet you. And you can park that RV nearby the night before with some fresh sheets and drinks in the fridge that'd be mint! 🤣

Edit: If you can come out toward Billings that'd work for Saturday night too. Reaaaally anywhere between Billings and Seattle works great. 👍

Sorry I haven't been following the thread so I'm not sure where about you're talking to meet up at. I've got to be in Everett, WA Monday evening for an appointment at the RV dealer Tuesday. So I don't know if i could make it work.

Sorry I haven't been following the thread so I'm not sure where about you're talking to meet up at. I've got to be in Everett, WA Monday evening for an appointment at the RV dealer Tuesday. So I don't know if i could make it work.

I was totally kidding about the RV (but...if we're not joking about it, we'll bring the s'mores!). Baymont Inn in Kirkland is where the party is at on Monday 11am to late. The only instructions I was told is "bring beer... always bring beer."

Last edited:
Everett, Washington is half an hour away from Kirkland, Washington on Google maps! Half an hour away!

You haven't experienced Seattle traffic yet....

I was totally kidding about the RV (but...if we're not joking about it, we'll bring the s'mores!). Baymont Inn in Kirkland is where the party is at on Monday. The only instructions I was told is "bring beer... always bring beer."

Let's talk and I'll see what I can do. Wasn't coming over to the westside until Monday afternoon. Might have to see if I can borrow my sisters car. Don't really want to drive my mh into Kirkland if I can help it.

Reactions: toximus
Our live tracking updates are on this map! We're A18! https://new.spotwalla.com/lp/3321-233f4477-4171/view
Yes. We're in Minnesota as of five minutes ago. Hoping to be in Fargo, North Dakota by this afternoon.

well hello
The map indicates Dawson Creek ?!?
• should you after all come this way, please gimme about 2 hrs notice, as I’m at Physiotherapy or in the swimming pool every weekday
• I keep checking this forum periodically

🚧DETOUR🚧

Take care and enjoy your trip !

Yes. We're in Minnesota as of five minutes ago. Hoping to be in Fargo, North Dakota by this afternoon.

well hello
The map indicates Dawson Creek ?!?
• should you after all come this way, please gimme about 2 hrs notice, as I’m at Physiotherapy or in the swimming pool every weekday
• I keep checking this forum periodically

🚧DETOUR🚧

Take care and enjoy your trip !

For sure! We should have the route book the day before.

20220819_080636.jpg