Who wheels with the top off?

Not me, the trees around here have low hanging branches that would beat me like I owe them money. I picked a TJ with A/C for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyG
Not me, the trees would beat me with their branches like I owe them money. I picked a TJ with A/C for a reason.

I use the AC extensively around town, even with the doors off on the rough days. On the trail, however, the fresh air is pretty hard to beat.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I wheel year round. Mostly rocks and trails. But I don’t do mud. Hate mud.

So my seasonal top choices are:

Apr-Oct: Mesh Spiderwebshade, with factory half doors or soft trail doors. I’ll throw a bikini top on(the jeep, not me) if I’m hitting the trails and there’s rain in the forecast.

Oct- Until the first snowstorm in the forecast: Bikini top with a wind stopper, and either factory half doors with soft windows or full doors.

Once Snow Season comes: full soft top and full doors. If I’m wheeling, then soft doors and windows so I don’t tweak my full doors.

I hate mud.

If I had A/C, there would be a top on all the time. I love me some A/C.

But I hate mud.

Summer commute, soft top down, spidy shade up, windjammer up, full doors. Mostly the same for trail rides. Occasionally, doors off if rock crawling. Hard top on in the winter.

I’m a weekend Jeeper, I don’t daily mine anymore because I’m out of town through the week and my Jeep is in my shop out of the weather, but I take the top off and run with a safari top and aluminum trail doors from Fathers Day to Halloween. If it’s bad weather during that period we just take my wife’s JKUHR, she never takes her top off of her Jeep. I have been looking at the frameless soft tops and uppers for my trail doors but not hard enough to put on a wishlist.