Who will be voted "most likely to own a TJ again"?

With all the TJ’s @glwood has owned, I think he’ll own another.

@tomtaylz, I think has his eyes in other directions, he will do well on his own trail.

If only @JamesAndTheSahara would return. It was fun to watch him build his rig at 1/2 of @Chris speed in a parking lot while raining!

@Rob5589, he may own another, but it will be 6-angry squirrels.

But @Starrs gets my vote for most likely to own another. He can’t keep his eyes off TJ’s. And he knows how to find the good ones.

Better question since it will be @Chris tjat buys one first is...what color, year, and spec will he get? LJ? TJ? Stock?
We all know he loves Flame Red TJ’s. Of course, there was that Red JK, so maybe he’s gotten over Red. I’m voting for a Flame Red LJ.

Reactions: Starrs
I had to sell it due to some financial obligations unfortunately.
I actually posted a feeler post about my LJR....then after the wife told me she was sad about the thought of getting rid of it AND knowing LJs don't fetch us much money up here, I may decide to hold off for a bit. I just need to tame down my hobby a bit and spend more time with the family. I feel that "Jeeping" is a lifestyle and I can get a bit obsessed with that lifestyle. Being away from family on trips, wrenching on the jeep all the time etc... I need to find more balance this year.

I actually posted a feeler post about my LJR....then after the wife told me she was sad about the thought of getting rid of it AND knowing LJs don't fetch us much money up here, I may decide to hold off for a bit. I just need to tame down my hobby a bit and spend more time with the family. I feel that "Jeeping" is a lifestyle and I can get a bit obsessed with that lifestyle. Being away from family on trips, wrenching on the jeep all the time etc... I need to find more balance this year.

I think if you're like me (and a lot of us), you'd sell it and then regret it later.

I do agree though, just tame down and don't let it consume your life. I sort of did that with my last one, and I do regret it.

Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
I think if you're like me (and a lot of us), you'd sell it and then regret it later.

I do agree though, just tame down and don't let it consume your life. I sort of did that with my last one, and I do regret it.
Thanks Chris. I can't agree. We seem like we have a similar way of thinking and judging by your picture, our kids look to be around the same age (Boy almost 3, girl almost 7).

I do know that the amount of positive experiences made /discovered in the Jeep is invaluable. We would never have seen some of the places we have been WITHOUT the jeep.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks Chris. I can't agree. We seem like we have a similar way of thinking and judging by your picture, our kids look to be around the same age (Boy almost 3, girl almost 7).

I do know that the amount of positive experiences made /discovered in the Jeep is invaluable. We would never have seen some of the places we have been WITHOUT the jeep.

Yes, our daughter is 7, our other daughter is 3 (almost 4), and our son is 1.

One thing I have found in the Jeep community is that people with Jeeps seem to be the most willing to help and friendly people you’ll ever meet, more than any other automotive community.

Haven't seen @glwood on here in a while, but maybe he is about ready to cave like @Squatch is predicting.
I still poke my head in here from time to time, mostly to see if @Squatch ever finishes up his Sahara build :cautious:, and to answer a question or two about stuff I had on one of my 8 or 9 TJs over the years.

As far as leading any vote-casting for reentry into the TJ world, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I'm enjoying the heck out of my current vehicle. Never say never, though, but it's not looking very likely. Six months in since the sale, and haven't regretted it yet.

One more thing - if I ever did get the bug again, it would be any TJ that didn't have the 42RLE. I hated that transmission.

Great to hear from everyone!

Last edited:
I still poke my head in here from time to time, mostly to see if @Squatch ever finishes up his Sahara build :cautious:, and to answer a question or two about stuff I had on one of my 8 or 9 TJs over the years.

As far as leading any vote-casting for reentry into the TJ world, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I'm enjoying the heck out of my current vehicle. Never say never, though, but it's not looking very likely. Six months in since the sale, and haven't regretted it yet.

One more thing - if I ever did get the bug again, it would be any TJ that didn't have the 42RLE. I hated that transmission.

Great to hear from everyone!

I'm kind of like rush hour traffic: Hurry up and wait. ;) I've acquired even more parts, but I no longer bother mentioning such things. My TJ has officially become something of a "kit car"...

Glad you're enjoying your new rig. What did you get? I've forgotten, if you ever did reveal it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtaylz and mots
I'm kind of like rush hour traffic: Hurry up and wait. ;) I've acquired even more parts, but I no longer bother mentioning such things. My TJ has officially become something of a "kit car"...

Glad you're enjoying your new rig. What did you get? I've forgotten, if you ever did reveal it,
2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road.

Or that dark sand color. I can't get past those dang headlights/tail lights on them, but they surely have their own cult following like we do.

That sand color is good too. 4runners are very popular here .. see a lot of them here year round. They look good lifted.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I hope it is in that army green tank color.
Or that dark sand color. I can't get past those dang headlights/tail lights on them, but they surely have their own cult following like we do.
Those particular colors are/were only offered on the TRD Pro. Mine is a TRD Off Road. I would have picked the army green if available, but went with the magnetic gray metallic.

The Pro has it's own version of a Fox suspension and some fancy appearance upgrades, at a substantially higher cost. I was looking for the off-road capability without all the bangles, i.e. big roof rack, sunroof, fancy wheels, etc. The best thing about the 2019 4R is it is the last year offered without all the electronic nannies like electronic push-button start, lane change alert, and such.

Already shopping a suspension upgrade...

Sorry, I don't mean to clutter up a TJ Wrangler forum with Toyota talk. I'll lay low now...

Last edited: