Who works on their Jeep or any project in silence?

Good ideas about bringing him something to drink, ice tea or a beer. You may also find an hour to enjoy the unfinished space by having a meal in there or just listening to “November Rain” if time is short!

It’s also good to remember if it’s a “for fun” project that you have to enjoy the journey not the destination. I suffer from wanting to get a task done versus taking time to enjoy doing it. The TJ is teaching me though!

Remind him that it’s supposed to be fun (assuming it’s a for fun project)!
Those are great ideas! I think we both get wrapped up in getting it done and lose site of enjoying it. Thank you!

I go for silence for any project, the white one included. It allows me to concentrate, to be one with the ol' girl. That is until I drop something (usually a tool or a nut) and announce it. Or something is being stubborn, then I really announce it. :D

Reactions: Kathy
I tried go very silent in the garage but my wife found it out.
She pulled the plug on my TJ's life support.
..............................................................:monoloco:

I do both. Usually depends if I'm working alone or not. If I'm working on my rig no music, If I am cleaning the shop after a build I have the music on. Yesterday I build custom steering for a friends TJ and replaced the clutch and slave cylinder on another friends TJ. Today I cleaned the shop.

Reactions: Kathy and Squatch
yesterday i thought about putting on the radio, but, naaa..... sometimes it's good to have it off to concentrate to find the missing bolt, socket, can of pb blaster, half inch drive, i still can't find since my buddy was over, an he hasnt answered any texts yet - did he steal it?:) if you got fender lizards over, definitey no music to hear them possibly pocketing tools to slow your project down, an to hear if anything is crackling an on fire, from the torch, trying to get bolts off......also, you can sense if your heads gonna hit the bottom of the jeep, by the pressure waves of the air currents, which the music will throw it off. head bangers cant work under cars with music on...is he a head banger? now the conspiracy side is, is he trying to listen thru the walls, to over hear the phone conversations...........dodododooddo......
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0802/9923/products/616573_grande.jpeg?v=1429724859

When I read the title I thought it was a thread asking if you talked to yourself. For me nothing but expletives when necessary. As to music, no. When performing any task other than dancing, singing, playing guitar, silence or the sound of the machine, tool, or material is what I want to hear.

99% of the time I have music on. Old iPod with an awesome “garage” playlist that sits in a dock with a couple of nice speakers in each corner. Good mix of rockabilly & Indy alt to get me through the fun (& pain).

yesterday i thought about putting on the radio, but, naaa..... sometimes it's good to have it off to concentrate to find the missing bolt, socket, can of pb blaster, half inch drive, i still can't find since my buddy was over, an he hasnt answered any texts yet - did he steal it?:) if you got fender lizards over, definitey no music to hear them possibly pocketing tools to slow your project down, an to hear if anything is crackling an on fire, from the torch, trying to get bolts off......also, you can sense if your heads gonna hit the bottom of the jeep, by the pressure waves of the air currents, which the music will throw it off. head bangers cant work under cars with music on...is he a head banger? now the conspiracy side is, is he trying to listen thru the walls, to over hear the phone conversations...........dodododooddo......
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0802/9923/products/616573_grande.jpeg?v=1429724859
I found the half inch drive in the trunk of another car........i think he snuck it back..

Reactions: Baird and Kathy
I built a small garage sound system (one of my hobbies) that I run Pandora through. It's almost always on a classic rock station, not too loud but definitely loud enough to hear. I like a little music.