Who's excited about the Jeep Gladiator JT?

Back to why this thing is ugly...(in my humble opinion, of course) For me, it all comes down to where the rear tires are. I'm sure there is a valid engineering reason for their location, but they seem too far forward. I think it is the flare encroaching on the cab. Or the fact that the rear tire is basically tangent with the rear of the cab.

View attachment 85914

Compare it to the Colorado (this is my actual truck) See how the rear axle is more central on the bed of the pickup? The rear overhang is similar, but it just looks so much better. More balanced.

View attachment 85915

The New ranger.... The axle isn't as centered, but still not encroaching on the cab.

View attachment 85916

Taco...Seems to run about the same as the Ranger.

View attachment 85918

All quad cabs, short boxes. The jeep just looks "off" to me. Other than that, I think its pretty cool.
It looks like the JT wheel well is a who shitload bigger then the wheel wheels on the truck pics you provided. The JT wheel well looks like it is sized to go immediately to a 35” tire with no trimming. And they need to mimick the body line of the JL.

Oh no, that Wayolife tard.
Care to elaborate? I personally think some of his videos are really good. He has some great connections too, like the Dynatrac dude (not sure if he is a sales rep or an engineer), actual Jeep engineers, and this video showing off a JT build over at EVO Mfg...

Care to elaborate? I personally think some of his videos are really good. He has some great connections too, like the Dynatrac dude (not sure if he is a sales rep or an engineer), actual Jeep engineers, and this video showing off a JT build over at EVO Mfg...

There was a thread on here about Eddie a while back. He is a bit of man-child that gets upset when companies refuse to sponsor him. His forum also consists of him banning people that recommend any company that isn't a sponsor. Wayalife is more of a cult than a Jeep forum. Eddie doesn't make bad videos but he isn't a great person.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
There was a thread on here about Eddie a while back. He is a bit of man-child that gets upset when companies refuse to sponsor him. His forum also consists of him banning people that recommend any company that isn't a sponsor. Wayalife is more of a cult than a Jeep forum. Eddie doesn't make bad videos but he isn't a great person.
While I dont buy into or argue hearsay :rolleyes:, I would argue that knowing how many manufacturers offer parts for the JK, I find it difficult to believe that he would ban a forum member for suggesgting a manufacture that isnt a sponsor of his forum. I imagine he woudlnt have any members on there. Of course, I am not a member of that forum and have yet to witness it first hand. I have no reason to believe you or not belive you, I dont mean that in a personal way.

While I dont buy into or argue hearsay :rolleyes:, I would argue that knowing how many manufacturers offer parts for the JK, I find it difficult to believe that he would ban a forum member for suggesgting a manufacture that isnt a sponsor of his forum. I imagine he woudlnt have any members on there. Of course, I am not a member of that forum and have yet to witness it first hand. I have no reason to believe you or not belive you, I dont mean that in a personal way.

Just google around a little. I’m not going to convince you of much over one forum post (and that’s a good thing).

I was looking crash results on the JT. Don't read it if it offends you.
I thought you may have gotten confused because it seems like your post was for another thread since you posted crash test results for a F150 and a Tundra in a JT thread. Curious as to what a crash test for two random 1/2 tons had to do with the JT.

@Starrs I know Jeep has yet to release the half doors the the JL/JLU but imagine the top off and some half doors on the JT crusing around...that would be awesome.
8C463F3F-3FB1-4D10-9737-72B5D56AB3A5.jpeg

I think that my post were a little bit misunderstood.

I didn't say there was anything bad about it.

I just don't agree with the marketing hype and some of the statements that Fiat executives have made.

Even though it's going to do about everything there's somebody needs a vehicle to do.... It doesn't do any of them well enough to be a runaway seller.

I haven't seen a single post where someone says they have one on order.

One that was photoshopped years ago

View attachment 87252

And one photoshopped for April 1st

View attachment 87253

Give it 2 doors I'll buy one.
Give it a bench seat I'll buy it faster.
Its worth a mention that Jeep execs did their homwork (imagine that:cool:) and 80% of sales in the mid-size truck segment is from trucks with a crew-cab, four doors, and a 5 foot bed. So Jeep is going right after Toyota Tacoma sales, Ford Ranger sales, and Chevy Colorado sales.

Not only does it make sense to hone in on this percent of sales, it’s bad ass that Jeep/Fiat is taking the fight right to their competitor’s door(s).

But like you, I do lean towards the J6 two door concept more than I would like to admit.

Learned today that the Jeep JT can accomodate not only a 35 inch spare from the factory. Its also designed from the factory to fit a 37 inch tire, when aired down “a little”. Not sure of the exact number. But that’s pretty wild IMO.

Reactions: mots and Rick Flair
I just wonder if jeep designed it on the JL platform will it still fail every crash test like the JL did in Europe.

Thoughts?

I just wonder if jeep designed it on the JL platform will it still fail every crash test like the JL did in Europe.

Thoughts?
What actually makes Europe's crash test so different than the American crash test? Not knowing anything about Euro's specs/standards, I would have guessed USA's crash test standards were higher and harder to pass.

And to be fair, most Euro cars are small and petite, both overall and engine wise, right? Could be their way to force manufacturers to build only small footprint type cars in Euro.

Bottom line upfront: The Wrangler doesnt have automatic braking, side curtain airbags, and lane keeping assist ... :rolleyes:

The lack of side curtain airbags sounds bad, but I have yet to dig in and research their role in a accident and their sucess rate. I feel fairly certain they would be beneficial though, I'll admit that.

I would be ok without the automatic braking and lane keepng assist. Especially the lane keeping assist, in all the scenarios I play in my head, I feel this one is out there soley based off how distracted drivers have really become.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwi...but-sales-unlikely-to-be-dented/#5cc272576454