Who's got the highest miles on their TJ?

Spicypickle666

Just curious who's got the highest mileage out there. Just put mine to 121k.
IMG_20191121_221038_030.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I’ve got a 1999 with 125000 original miles on the chassis but I’m on the 3rd engine. First one dropped a valve at 115k. Bought a golden 4.6 stroker. Did all the fuel mods and it threw a rod after 1500 miles fought then till I got my money back. then I just had a stock 4.0 with roller rockers to put it.

I’ve got a 1999 with 125000 original miles on the chassis but I’m on the 3rd engine. First one dropped a valve at 115k. Bought a golden 4.6 stroker. Did all the fuel mods and it threw a rod after 1500 miles fought then till I got my money back. then I just had a stock 4.0 with roller rockers to put it.
Do roller rockers make a difference ?

235,000... new engine 60,000 miles ago.

I bought it low mileage 8 years ago and average 24,000 miles a year now.
Its had 2 lifts, stock rubber, 33s, 35s and now is all stock on pizza cutters.

Reactions: PantherCityTJ
Do roller rockers make a difference ?
Probably not enough to be worthwhile but I had put them on the stroker and pulled them off and put them in the new stock build because I had them already. They are quieter. I think my issues with the original are because I like to drive it like a sports car and rev the little thing out a lot. The stroker was not even broken in yet and was being babied so it was not my fault but something wrong with the build. The manufacturer agreed and refunded it Eventually. I’m taking it easier on this one as I really don’t drive it on the road much. But if this one lets go it’s getting an LS motor. I actually already have one sitting in the barn for it at some point. But will probably wait until I do the TJ-6 build on it.

Reactions: AndyG