Who's got the highest miles on their TJ?

Most of my Jeep buddies think:
The lower the mileage the more offload abused.
The higher the mileage the more highways been used.

Well... mine was bone stock except for the wheels. Only the drivers seat was ever used and the underneath is original paint with barely a scratch and zero rust anywhere. It was a one owner rig that barely say dirt much less true wheeling. It took me a long time to find one in this shape. The only sign of wear was the crack in the door panel that's common. I think I was the first person to take the hard top off.... and it was a dual top factory version.

Reactions: TJ Starting and TJ2
266k miles total. The only thing left of the drivetrain and sensors that’s still original is the engine long block. It still runs fine, but it is lower on power and fuel economy than it was in the past and it has a very mild cold knock.

Reactions: JC123
146,000 for me. Mine is gonna rot out before anything goes on the drivetrain... Except for the clutch (preventative) and the transmission input shaft (bad). Oh, and I think my synchros are starting to go... Maybe it'll get an AX-15 before it totally rots out.

Mines gotten a taste of daily driving and long commutes since I made this post. Im up to 140k now. It was at 109k last May. But its taking it just fine, had to do a clutch and a water pump and many oil changes. Hopefully I can move to a closer jobsite so I dont hit 200k by the end of the year. She looks a little bit different now.

20200425_160753.jpg

196K on bone stock 01 Sahara. Recently rebuilt auto trans, new starter, oil pan I was told when purchased at 190K.
Since, I replaced radiator and hoses, and both upper and lower steering shafts. Lower shaft was shot, glad I caught it, before it snapped! Frame was repaired, someone did an excellent job on that. Doesn't leak a drop of oil. Engine is noisy, but oil pressure is great. My first Wrangler.

20201216_231917.jpg

Reactions: JMT and billiebob
250K miles on my ;05, I average 24K miles a year, towing 2000# in the mountains for half of that. I swear by SandJ Engines in Spokane for remanufactured engines witn 70K???? mile warranties.....

Met a BMW head on last year..... PS, a TJ is incredibly resilient. Wrote of the BMW but not the TJR.

If you avoid rust..... Wranglers are incredibl resilient.

Last edited:
2000 with 108k 4.0 nv3550. All original motor & trans. PO replaced clutch the same year I I bought it (6 years ago). It had 97k when I bought it. I obviously don't drive it enough, but I'm changing that starting this year.

Reactions: JMT
194,560. Fixin to change the oil. 2004. Usually after a short drive I get one drop of oil on the ground. But I change the oil every 5000 and don’t have to add any oil in that 5000.