Why 2 different set of clips for the big brake kit?

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Why are there two different sets off brake pad clips? I have one set with the calipers and another different set from the brake pad box. The instructions are very unclear pertaining to brake pad installation. Hard to tell from a blurry picture in the instruction manual, which seems out dated. The most important part of the process has the least instructions

Why are there two different sets off brake pad clips? I have one set with the calipers and another different set from the brake pad box. The instructions are very unclear pertaining to brake pad installation. Hard to tell from a blurry picture in the instruction manual, which seems out dated. The most important part of the process has the least instructions
Could you be any more vague?

Mine came with two sets of anti-rattle clips. So did Matt's. Either will work. However, if you are using the 16" rotor in a 15" wheel, use the lower profile set to keep the clip from scraping the wheel.

Reactions: rasband
Mine came with two sets of anti-rattle clips. Either will work. However, if you are using the 16" rotor in a 15" wheel, use the lower profile set to keep the clip from scraping the wheel.
What if he is using the Super 16 in a 16" wheel. What if he is using the 17" in a 17" wheel? What if it isn't even a Vanco BBK? What if he is fully confused and he's trying to zip in the rear soft top window?

• Haha
Reactions: rasband and jjvw
What if he is using the Super 16 in a 16" wheel. What if he is using the 17" in a 17" wheel? What if it isn't even a Vanco BBK? What if he is fully confused and he's trying to zip in the rear soft top window?
Let's find out. Kevin! More details!

What if it’s a Wildwood setup? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: P man and jjvw
What if it’s a Wildwood setup? 😉
This one?
1627857245924.png

Or the one in the song?

Is this the blurry picture that is outdated that you are looking at?
1627858094122.png

Or this one?
1627858156006.png

Probably! I have 15 inch wheels. Sorry I don't have your intellect with this shit!!. Give your customers better instructions.
I have over 1500 brake kits installed with those instructions. To date, I am aware of 2 folks that have trouble with the brake pad clips. One was looking at them on his phone and once he look at them on the computer, it was all clear.

Where are you looking at the pic, in the printed instructions or elsewhere?

Mine came with two sets of anti-rattle clips. So did Matt's. Either will work. However, if you are using the 16" rotor in a 15" wheel, use the lower profile set to keep the clip from scraping the wheel.

Thanks, I have it right then

Reactions: jjvw
Thanks, I have it right then
When we buy the calipers, they come with clips. When we buy the pads, they come with clips. It isn't worth it to sort and toss any that are extra plus I already have a half a thousand extra in case we run out. That's why there are two sets and why they are not always the same. They only go on one way though so it isn't like you can install them incorrectly.