Why are most Jeeps manual in Europe?

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
Why are most Jeeps manual in Europe? My wife and I waste going to rent a JK until we realized they only rent manual drive.

Last I was in the EU it seemed most cars were manual.

Driving right hand drive in a manual in the UK was definitely a fun challenge...

Reactions: Plumber1
Last summer we were in Amsterdam and the rental agent asked if we knew how to drive an automatic. We both just stared at each other, was this a trick question? Most every car you rent in Europe will be manual. I prefer manual, so am quite happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last summer we were in Amsterdam and the rental agent asked if we knew how to drive an automatic. We both just stared at each other, was this a trick question? Most every car you rent in Europe will be manual. I prefer manual, so am quite happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol, no joke, my best friends wife grew up in Germany (former East Germany to be exact). When she first came to Canada she did not know how to drive an automatic.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Most of the cars I have ever driven have been manual...back in 1985 in the UK my dad had problems finding an Auto.
Most of the Jap Import cars we get over here in NZ now are Auto its difficult to find a manual... :unsure: The only way you would get a manual is if you buy the 'sport' model...maybe.

My parents just bought an Auto in the UK because they prefer it for the heavy traffic driving they do, not many manufacturers actually make an automatic over there, and it was hard to come by one without a large wait.

In England it’s actually a different driving license for automatic vs manual also.

My parents just bought an Auto in the UK because they prefer it for the heavy traffic driving they do, not many manufacturers actually make an automatic over there, and it was hard to come by one without a large wait.

In England it’s actually a different driving license for automatic vs manual also.
You are correct ..if you pass your test in an auto that all your allowed to drive if you pass your test in a manual you have free range to drive whatever you like.