Why are my rear springs completely collapsed? (pics attatched - ford 8.8 swap)

Whats the plan for the fronts? See how much sag if any then adjust?

Save yourself some money and get the rancho rs5000x.

Whats the plan for the fronts? See how much sag if any then adjust?

Save yourself some money and get the rancho rs5000x.

Just gonna fix the rear first, then work on that, even if it looks goofy for a while, lol :LOL: Adding or removing the spacers will allow me to 'level' it to some extent in the meanwhile.

Your Jeep is well equipped! 4 inch springs, shocks, bump stops and sway bar links, should be awesome!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: npalmi88
Just gonna fix the rear first, then work on that, even if it looks goofy for a while, lol [emoji38] Adding or removing the spacers will allow me to 'level' it to some extent in the meanwhile.
If you can't do the front, go to your local Jeep shop and grab a pair of JKU stock front springs. They are a bolt in 2.5 lift.

If you can't do the front, go to your local Jeep shop and grab a pair of JKU stock front springs. They are a bolt in 2.5 lift.

I'm thinking I'm closer to 4" on the front too, and if I'm not, I want to be. I'll see when I get around to that, thanks for the tip. ;)

You never answered whether or not ...Personally, I try and avoid MMLs, body lifts ...
Why?
If I want more then 4 inches, I would use a tummy tuck with mml & body lift, sye and dc shaft
Tucks are great, but that is a whole other mess to sort out after this one is. Let's not get complicated yet. And besides, you don't recommend body lifts and motor mount lifts.

or a long arm kit ...

There is no need to waste time and money on a long arm.

Wow.. this thread is hard to follow...

Good luck sorting that mess out @npalmi88 . I think you're on the right track with springs. I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd have factory shocks on that rig, factory springs or a spring spacer. Get some appropriate springs and shocks. Then stay to work the the rest.

Reactions: jjvw and npalmi88
Wow.. this thread is hard to follow...

Good luck sorting that mess out @npalmi88 . I think you're on the right track with springs. I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd have factory shocks on that rig, factory springs or a spring spacer. Get some appropriate springs and shocks. Then stay to work the the rest.

Haha, yeah, I bought this rig when I was still a long haul trucker and gone most of the time (2-3.5 months at a time and home only 3 days), I knew it had issues but I saw potential, I moved home last august and have just lately gotten around to sorting things out with it. Thanks man. ;)

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Why? Tall TJs are unstable.
Trying to avoid is not being against.
Getting a TJ from 93 to 103 or 107 is tough on short arms. Doable but tough. Yes you sacrifice clearance but when running 36s, 38s or 40s how much?

At this point, I would look at one of the "complete" 4 inch lift kits and check what you have. I. E. Adjustable CAs, adjustable tracbar or relocator, longer sway bar links, etc. When you find a missing part as it to your shopping list.

At this point, I would look at one of the "complete" 4 inch lift kits and check what you have. I. E. Adjustable CAs, adjustable tracbar or relocator, longer sway bar links, etc. When you find a missing part as it to your shopping list.

lol, don't say that, I just ordered $700 worth of stuff. Goodnight everyone, I'm loggin out.

@npalmi88, don't listen to this advice. I got a set of springs from a JKUR with a hard top, and towing package, which were the heaviest duty springs on a JK. This is how the front springs compared to my TJ springs. The spring on the left is the JKUR front spring, the middle is an oem TJ front spring, and the spring on the right is an OME JK front spring :

IMG_0366.JPG

There's no way on earth you will get 2.5" of lift from that JKUR front spring on a TJ. And, those were TJ springs from an '03 X with 156k on it.

@npalmi88, don't listen to this advice. I got a set of springs from a JKUR with a hard top, and towing package, which were the heaviest duty springs on a JK. This is how the front springs compared to my TJ springs. The spring on the left is the JKUR front spring, the middle is an oem TJ front spring, and the spring on the right is an OME JK front spring :

View attachment 101408

There's no way on earth you will get 2.5" of lift from that JKUR front spring on a TJ. And, those were TJ springs from an '03 X with 156k on it.
Yeah, but JK springs grow taller in a TJ. Just water them often, and within a few weeks, they are 2.5" taller...give or take a few days.

Why? Tall TJs are unstable.
Trying to avoid is not being against.
Getting a TJ from 93 to 103 or 107 is tough on short arms. Doable but tough. Yes you sacrifice clearance but when running 36s, 38s or 40s how much?

This thread is hard to follow.