Why are so many oppose to putting a jack on the hood?

Out of curiosity, is that the only brand out there, or are there shitty Chinese knock offs as well?
I don't know if there are copies of it, but there are similar jacks. To be honest the last time I changed a tire I just backed the axle onto a rock and cleared out under the tire. The last time I used my Hi Lift was to lift someone elses wheel up to fill the hole beneath it.

I deleted the post above from the new guy.

Please don't come to this forum and make your first post be a direct attack on another member. There's no need for that, and it's absolutely unnecessary. We may not all agree with each other, but that response was clearly not the way to handle a disagreement.

In regards to the "Blaine is an asshole" argument, if you've been around Jeep forums long enough, you know this is a given. However, Blaine has an elegant way about being an asshole, and if you read into it, I'd almost say there's a dash of dry humor sprinkled throughout.

Anyways, carry on (y)
That's right , deep down we are all the same , and do the same things , like wear our wives heels when she's out of town .

The whole deal reminded me of Saturday Night Live and Eddie Murphy and the classic line - "Who died and made you Buckwheat ?"

I hope someone remembers that.

My TJ has a mount on the hitch carrier and I own one .

I'm still just really lost ...I'm with the above post ...and all my prior posts were neutral and respectful..I was even pointing out how people do what you just said in any vehicle enthusiast group .

I have never seen anything like that on here when it wasn't at all provoked .

Then when someone starts trashing your "build " .. I don't have a build , I have a TJ, and I fixed a few things and kept it like it was , works great, looks cool , everyone loves it .

So am I bothered by all that ? Yes, I sure am . I'm a good guy on here , and that is on purpose . I love Jeeps and I love people that love Jeeps .
They are fun . Jeeps are awesome . This forum is awesome, because it has great Jeep people on it .

That is really why I'm here . Keeps my Jeep Buzz going .
Don't take it to serious, it might be misdirected anger. I personally think you are one of the good guys on here and often enjoy your spirited topics and cheeky humor.

That's right , deep down we are all the same , and do the same things , like wear our wives heels when she's out of town .

The whole deal reminded me of Saturday Night Live and Eddie Murphy and the classic line - "Who died and made you Buckwheat ?"

I hope someone remembers that.
LOL I remember.

Don't take it to serious, it might be misdirected anger. I personally think you are one of the good guys on here and often enjoy your spirited topics and cheeky humor.
Thanks ... I hope I don't come across as a nuisance or a goober as much as I probably do... But I'll tell anyone pretty quick...Living a good life and being a responsible person is a pretty tough job...and everybody on this planet needs to lift each other up when they can. life is hard enough and really everybody on this forum is part of a pretty fortunate group .... We all have enough resources to own/enjoy these .

There are people in this country that don't have enough food to eat.

I guarantee the most of the people on here didn't just have the keys handed to them.

I also believe that most of the people on here that are in the position I'm talking about are in that position because of hard work and good decisions.

I did not start out in life on the right track, but boy I learned fast , the hard way , this world will eat you up if you don't get up every day and kill something and bring it home.

Last edited:
Thanks ... I hope I don't come across as a nuisance or a goober as much as I probably do... But I'll tell anyone pretty quick...Living a good life and being a responsible person is a pretty tough job...and everybody on this planet needs to lift each other up when they can. life is hard enough and really everybody on this forum is part of a pretty fortunate group .... We all have enough resources to own/enjoy these .

I guarantee the most of the people on here didn't just have the keys handed to them.

I also guarantee you that most of the people on here that are in the position I'm talking about her in that position because of hard work and good decisions.

I did not start out in life on the right track, but boy I learned fast , the hard way , this world will eat you up if you don't get up every day and kill something and bring it home.
Nuisance never. ;)

Reactions: lowranger and AndyG

I also believe that most of the people on here that are in the position I'm talking about are in that position because of hard work and good decisions.

I enjoy your posts.....you have a great since of humor. We all can use that.

Reactions: DrDmoney and AndyG
I think hi-lift jacks look trashy on the hood.

I think they are not as useful as some here are saying (i.e. it got me out of a jam once in 5 years).

I think it's stupid to commit the fallacy of equating, as in, just because you CAN get injured by any tool, therefore a hi lift is a valid tool to carry on the trail.

I think there is often lack of consideration of a better tool for the same job.

I think you can't get your teeth back very easily.

Reactions: DrDmoney and AndyG
Out of curiosity, and because I stir my coffee with an oar, what does everyone think about this solution to carrying tools?
1573150788156.png

it doesn't work for me because like the jack, I have a better place to store mine.