Why are so many oppose to putting a jack on the hood?

🤣. All this over a hi jack?! You, as a person, are far more valuable than such a stupid conversation.

Now for an English vocabulary lesson.

If I say, “you could go to the store,” that is no moral judgement.

If I say, “you would go to the store,” that is no moral judgement.

But if I say, “you should go to the store,” some consequence is implied if you don’t. I.e. I have elevated the statement to a moral issue, whether it really is or not.

should
/SHo͝od,SHəd/

verb
1. used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions.

EDIT: oh, I still “think” hi jacks are not good, but you are entitled to think they are great and use them all you like and I won’t think anything bad about you or your hi jack. And nobody calls me chicken!

Love the Marty McFly reference!!!
And yes we are all entitled to our opinions. On that we do agree. And since you have spelled out grammatically how my phrase implied moral judgement, I can assure you that it is not meant to be a judgement.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
Love the Marty McFly reference!!!
And yes we are all entitled to our opinions. On that we do agree. And since you have spelled out grammatically how my phrase implied moral judgement, I can assure you that it is not meant to be a judgement.
All good friend. I see you’re my neighbor. I think I’d prefer ID over WA.

This might be a reason TO mount a hi lift on the hood.
75D0FD37-8F1B-47A1-B30E-A742E342E5DE.jpeg

Yup. I own a couple.
Check out Gabrielle Iglesias YouTube video of his VW van collection...he has a couple of nice T/A 's...one is a late model Bandit , really nice .

We have a guy here in Alabama. Tim Wellborn , huge collector , lots of Mopar stuff .

He had Burt Reynolds personal Bandit , sold it at Mecum last year I believe.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Wow, I just read through this entire thread and part of me wishes I was never looking for an objective thread on Pros/Cons for hood mounting a farm jack. There was enough drama here to write a mini soap opera. I have a farm jack, I use the farm jack, and I was hoping to mount it somewhere that wouldn’t be in my way. Really just wondering if it hinders opening the hood all the way, since I removed the hood prop. Back seat seems like it would get in the way too frequently and rear bumper may not work with my SB tire carrier.

Wow, I just read through this entire thread and part of me wishes I was never looking for an objective thread on Pros/Cons for hood mounting a farm jack. There was enough drama here to write a mini soap opera. I have a farm jack, I use the farm jack, and I was hoping to mount it somewhere that wouldn’t be in my way. Really just wondering if it hinders opening the hood all the way, since I removed the hood prop. Back seat seems like it would get in the way too frequently and rear bumper may not work with my SB tire carrier.

If you thought this was bad you should search the forum for the difference between steel & aluminum bumpers.

Last edited: