Why are stock JK springs so puny?

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
My step dads stock JK sometimes has me comparing parts, nothing really as far as geometry wise has changed from TJ to JK other than axle strength and some others but why did they make the springs so small with the newer model? Here’s me comparing size. My new coils are still as wide as stock but even stock is larger than the JK specs
e0825f689c7af7e64f4a60eeae03cf45.jpg
7bfaf3e4f87b0ed4759e0e2cfd9f29e0.jpg
8b28053ce0cfca14fb6b5f6e1c54b731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of stock JK springs sitting in my garage, and when I compared them to my old stock TJ ones, I didn't really notice any difference. The JK springs were taller, but the coils are just a hair thinner. The JK is lighter in the front as the V6 weighs less than the 4.0, which is why JK springs don't provide any lift in the front. They do provide a bit of lift in the rear, depending on which spring #'s you use.

I have a set of stock JK springs sitting in my garage, and when I compared them to my old stock TJ ones, I didn't really notice any difference. The JK springs were taller, but the coils are just a hair thinner. The JK is lighter in the front as the V6 weighs less than the 4.0, which is why JK springs don't provide any lift in the front. They do provide a bit of lift in the rear, depending on which spring #'s you use.
Pretty much my observation, also. Some photo comparisons. Front:

Left spring JK. Middle spring, TJ
IMG_0366.JPG

Rear. Left, TJ. Right, JK.
TJ Rear Springs.JPG