Why can't I find any aftermarket throttle bodies for my 2.5?

Tj97Sierra

Why can't I find any aftermarket throttle bodies for my 2.5L? Im only finding 4.0L throttle bodies. My tj is making a loud whistling noise when I let of the gas. Inspecting it I put weight on the throttle body with my hands and it manipulates the noise. I've changed the IAC, and cleaned the throttle body.

Why can't I find any aftermarket throttle bodies for my 2.5L? Im only finding 4.0L throttle bodies. My tj is making a loud whistling noise when I let of the gas. Inspecting it I put weight on the throttle body with my hands and it manipulates the noise. I've changed the IAC, and cleaned the throttle body.

I don't know that I've ever seen a aftermarket TB for the 2.5 either. People use to think swapping a 4.0 TB would help in performance but it's not a proven swap. You might have to try to find a used low mileage one.

I don't know that I've ever seen a aftermarket TB for the 2.5 either. People use to think swapping a 4.0 TB would help in performance but it's not a proven swap. You might have to try to find a used low mileage on

I don't know that I've ever seen a aftermarket TB for the 2.5 either. People use to think swapping a 4.0 TB would help in performance but it's not a proven swap. You might have to try to find a used low mileag

I don't know that I've ever seen a aftermarket TB for the 2.5 either. People use to think swapping a 4.0 TB would help in performance but it's not a proven swap. You might have to try to find a used low mileage one.

Thank you. Will I have trouble fitting the stock or after market intake on a 4.0L throttle body?

Thank you. Will I have trouble fitting the stock or after market intake on a 4.0L throttle body?

All the articles & YouTube video's I've seen say that you use your 2.5 sensors on the 4.0 TB. So you'd need to swap them over. JP magazine I think it was did the 4.0 TB swap onto a 2.5 & if I remember correctly showed that they lost a little power but I don't remember at what RPM.

As far as I know you shouldn't have any issues with fitting a stock or aftermarket intake tube on the 4.0 TB.

Not the same but I swapped a 4.0 TB onto a friends 2.5 YJ and they said they felt it added some power.

Have you tried replacing the gasket and torquing it down properly? It could even be a loose intake bolt and you putting pressure on the end of the intake where the throttle body sits acts as a lever and closes the gap in your intake gasket. I’ve chased a few whistling intakes before on mine. Lol

Have you tried replacing the gasket and torquing it down properly? It could even be a loose intake bolt and you putting pressure on the end of the intake where the throttle body sits acts as a lever and closes the gap in your intake gasket. I’ve chased a few whistling intakes before on mine. Lol

I did replace the gasket. I can't remember if I torqued them. I'll do that today

There was a post on here awhile back about replacing the throttle body shaft bearings. The bearings have a print in them that seals the shafts. I found a post on an old forum that listed the bearings needed. That info should be in the post on here. I will see if I can find it.

Reactions: Wildman
You can check for vacuum leaks by strategically spraying throttle body cleaner at spots while the engine is running and listen for a change in rpm.

I can dig through my parts and see if I have a good TB laying around if you need it.

Welcome to the forum. If yours is a 97, and also a 2.5, then you might find some of the threads in my signature line to be helpful. Let us know what you learn to add to them.

For the throttle body, I'd just call one of the places listed on this thread. I know it'd be a lot to ship across the country, but I'm confident that the owner of the Greenville SC entry on that list would have one.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford