Why do I always do something stupid?

cmitcham

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
the wait for axle shafts is still long.

my new fronts finally showed up, so i excitedly jumped right on them. while tightening the lug nuts, i noticed the sheet metal dust covers that go behind the unit bearings.

i cried a little. let's hear who would tear it all back down and install them, and who would just wait till at least the calipers needed to come off :)

Reactions: 97TJNM

my new fronts finally showed up, so i excitedly jumped right on them. while tightening the lug nuts, i noticed the sheet metal dust covers that go behind the unit bearings.

i cried a little. let's hear who would tear it all back down and install them, and who would just wait till at least the calipers needed to come off :)

Consider that a practice run. Now take it apart and put them on! ;)

I did the same thing, but my shields were rusted to hell. left them off and it has been about 6 months with no issues that I can see.

well, you guys are about 50/50, so i'm going to sleep on it. my biggest grief was the axle nut again, but i just realized i can leave the shafts bolted to the hub and pull as one.

thanks all!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

You know what mama always said

well, you guys are about 50/50, so i'm going to sleep on it. my biggest grief was the axle nut again, but i just realized i can leave the shafts bolted to the hub and pull as one.

thanks all!

That's 100% how I would do it.

I put 50 miles on my brand new Ax15 with the fill plug only finger tight. Only found it because there was some nice clean oil hanging off my skid plate.

• Wow
Reactions: Tob